You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I'm on Windows10 desktop. I have been trying to create some new patterns and had added some brushes strokes as they were too pixelated when opened in Affinity  Photo. But the brush strokes don't show up when exported them as png. I need the backgrounds to be transparent so jpg won't work. I tried rasterizing them prior to export but didn't work either.I thought maybe an update would help but the 1.8.2 won't open - I've redownloaded it but not go there. Is there a trick to it or do pngs not work with brush strokes. I don't remember this as a problem before. Thanks for any help.

• Staff

Hi CRWillow,

Any chance you could attach the afphoto or afdesign file for this, so i can see what you've currently got and i should be able to help further.

As for the 1.8.2 update, do you get an error when trying to open it, if so, what does it say?

Here's a screen shot of the error message I keep getting. I've tried downloading it again but after the download is complete the same thing happens.

And the brush png problem is apparently happy today.  Maybe there's just a glitch with pngs - because today some of the thumbnails are completely black but work fine when opened. Crossing my fingers the pngs are still working when I need them. If it happens again I'll try to attach a file immediately.

Would you happen to know how to get to document setup in affinity photo? Because it's not in my File drop down window where everyone tells me it should be. I can work around it of course by creating a new and copy/paste but I know it must be somewhere.

I hope you can help with the .exe error, it's probably me.

Be safe.

Capture.JPG