You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Incorrect title string being written during export -- v. 1.8.2

Publisher insists on using, as the title string that it embeds in both PDF and JPEG output files, the name of an .aftemplate file that was deleted from disk. But the program has stored that name string somewhere and will not let go of it.

How do I get rid of it? Otherwise I will have to run ExifTool and edit the string every time I export a document. Having the title that far off the mark just isn't acceptable.

For a PDF file, the string in question is written as the document title (ExifTool shows the tag name as simply "Title").

For a JPEG file, ExifTool shows the string being used as the value of the IPTC tag "ObjectName".

If need be I'm willing to edit the Windows registry to get rid of this thing. Please tell me it can be gotten rid of...

Affinity Publisher and Photo 1.8.3 (Windows). Lenovo laptop with decidedly sub-optimal monitor. At least it works.
“The wonderful thing about standards is that you can have as many of ’em as you want.”
– Anonymous cynic

As I mentioned in your other topic, use the Fields panel to change/specify the title.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

You got here before I could. ; -) I was headed here to correct my mistake about this. Apologies to the forum for the "misinforming" post.

Affinity Publisher and Photo 1.8.3 (Windows). Lenovo laptop with decidedly sub-optimal monitor. At least it works.
“The wonderful thing about standards is that you can have as many of ’em as you want.”
– Anonymous cynic