You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

PDF export templates and 'area' option - v. 1.8.2

I'm finding that when a PDF export preset is saved and the settings include Area: Pages — when the preset is used the next time the setting has reverted to Spreads, not pages. Should the user-created preset not store all possible settings in this dialog?

Affinity Publisher and Photo 1.8.3 (Windows). Lenovo laptop with decidedly sub-optimal monitor. At least it works.
“The wonderful thing about standards is that you can have as many of ’em as you want.”
– Anonymous cynic

3 hours ago, Gabe said:

Hi @MikeA,

Presets only save what's in the "More" dialog. All the other options are independent.

Hello @Gabe — checking just now in Affinity Publisher 1.8.2, I have the Export Settings dialog open and I'm cycling through a few of the presets for PDFs, including one I created. I notice that as I change them, some options available in the first portion of the dialog—not just the "More" dialog—appear to have been previously saved with the presets. For example: When I select PDF for print (a preset supplied with the program), the Raster DPI setting of "300" appears and the Include bleed box is unchecked. When I select the preset I made, the Raster DPI setting changes to "(72)" (not sure why the parentheses appear) and the Include bleed box is now checked.

Thanks.

Affinity Publisher and Photo 1.8.3 (Windows). Lenovo laptop with decidedly sub-optimal monitor. At least it works.
“The wonderful thing about standards is that you can have as many of ’em as you want.”
– Anonymous cynic

3 minutes ago, Gabe said:

Those are all options stored in the "more" dialogue. 

I'm sending a screen shot of that first (before the "More" dialog is opened) PDF export dialog. As the forum won't accept screen shots or other attachments for some reason, I'm uploading the screen shot to Google Drive. The link is below.

The Raster DPI and Include Bleed options I mentioned are in that first dialog. They appear before the "More" button is clicked. It's these settings I'm referring to. They do change depending on which preset you select from the Preset drop-down menu.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1b3GQzs2ce__NIy5wIMMPHy7VaKCg1BCU

– Anonymous cynic

2 minutes ago, Gabe said:

They will do, because they are also part of the "more" dialogue. :)

If the Raster DPI setting seen in the first part of the export dialog has an equivalent in the "More" part of the dialog, what is it? "More" does not contain a setting by that name and its own Rasterize option does not take a numeric parameter.

Getting back to the original content of the post: The Area option (All Pages or All Spreads), is not in the "More" dialog. The first portion of the dialog always seems to default to All Spreads. At least one print-on-demand book company cannot process a PDF that was saved with "spreads" selected—the setting must be "pages." Thus my hoping to have it saved as part of a preset used specifically for PDFs sent to that company.

If it means "Area" should be within the "More" portion of the dialog, please consider adding it there so that the setting can be saved with the preset, if the user needs a particular preset to default to "All Pages" rather than "All Spreads."

– Anonymous cynic

• Staff
2 hours ago, MikeA said:

If the Raster DPI setting seen in the first part of the export dialog has an equivalent in the "More" part of the dialog, what is it? "More" does not contain a setting by that name and its own Rasterize option does not take a numeric parameter.

The equivalent of "Raster DPI" in "More" is "Use DPI:"

9 hours ago, Gabe said:

The equivalent of "Raster DPI" in "More" is "Use DPI:"

Ok. I see that changing the one changes the other (whichever one you change, the value is immediately reflected in the other). Permit me to suggest naming these controls identically.

– Anonymous cynic