You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Universal Purchase

• Staff

If i'm not wrong all of them include a PDF with installation instructions. In most cases however you only have to go to the respective panel (for example Brushes) click on the small menu icon on the right and select Import Brushes. Same thing for Macros (which are imported through the Library panel), colour palettes (from the Swatches panel) etc.

• Staff

Welcome @Harpman

As MEB says, there is currently no other way to buy Affinity applications, than to license each one on each platform. Many customers have asked us to look again at this but there are restrictions on the stores we use (Mac App Store; iPad Store; Microsoft Store) that makes this either technically difficult or against the stores own rules, so for now this is the sales model that we have adopted, and it is working well.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

With the current very generous 50% discount you can buy a desktop app and its iPad counterpart for 30% less than the regular price of the desktop app on its own, so it’s a bit of a no-brainer.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Getting an apple gift card is the best thing to do. My situation was buying an iPad in April but the sale on the apps ends on the 30th of this month.
you may be able to send it electronically, but for a gift maybe it would be best to get something physical to hand to them on that day if your situation permits

18 minutes ago, Harpman said:

My situation was buying an iPad in April but the sale on the apps ends on the 30th of this month.

20th of April, as currently announced.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

14 minutes ago, Harpman said:

Would that be for the iPad version as well?

The announcement from Serif didn't differentiate the versions, or stores (except that the free trial is Mac or Windows, only).

What We're Doing to Support the Creative Community:

A 50% discount for those who would rather buy and keep the apps on Mac, Windows PC and iPad

The free trial [on Mac and Windows] will be available to download until 20 April. The 50% discount will end on the same date and applies to the full suite of Affinity apps.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

1.Well, today”30th” is the last day of the $10 each affinity products on the App Store for the iPad. I tried downloading it to a store display model yesterday but there was a download block, which makes sense, for people to download apps on displays.I was trying to take advantage of the sale because I won’t be getting my iPad until the middle of April, oh well  

2. I could be wrong but I think the universal purchase is left up to the discretion of the vendor

• Staff
10 hours ago, 9000RPM said:

Can anyone confirm?

Wow, that's a really bad example choosing a specific product (Affinity Designer) that does not even work on half the devices he mentioned this App Store feature is now an option for.

"....on your iPhone,iPod Touch, iPad, Mac and Apple TV for one price"

It would have been better to find a developer who has announced they plan to support it, but as MEB says we have not said that. I assume everyone has to be on this latest OS to take advantage. I cannot see us doing that for existing users as it would require them to get newer hardware than we currently support with 1.x. It sounds like anyone who does this may have to make it optional, or risk people moaning they cannot use the option without buying new hardware.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff
2 hours ago, Harpman said:

Well, today”30th” is the last day of the $10 each affinity products on the App Store for the iPad.

This offer runs till the 20th April, where did you see 30th March please?

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

4 hours ago, MEB said:

Hi 9000RPM,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
The reviewer mentioned Affinity Designer just as an example of a possible application you may want to buy not necessarily that it supports universal app purchase (which we don't).

Hi,

I'd just bought the Windows version 2 days ago. I like the software so far.

I was going to switch over to the Mac version if this was true.

I don’t mind paying for the iPad version. It’s just that I had paid twice for another different product that was unnecessary. I was just being cautious. my apologies. 
The Affinity software suites are, in my opinion, are the best out there. If you downloaded it for Windows, download the software again to your Mac as well. You can’t beat these prices for the amount of technology you’re receiving. The offer is good till 20 April. Thank you Affinity team, be safe  

I don’t mind paying for the iPad version. It’s just that I had paid twice for another different product that was unnecessary. I was just being cautious. my apologies. 
The Affinity software suites are, in my opinion, are the best out there. If you downloaded it for Windows, download the software again to your Mac as well. You can’t beat these prices for the amount of technology you’re receiving. The offer is good till 20 April. Thank you Affinity team, be safe