You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Very slight UI blur

Hi all, on my iMac (retina) I am encountering the issue of slight blurriness in the UI font. I have another iMac (non-retina) that is from early 2009. Photo seems to display fine there. While there seems to be an issue on my retina iMac, it's not so much that cannot do work. I just wanted to point it out. Designer (second screenshot) displays fine on this retina iMac.

Screen Shot 2020-03-26 at 3.29.16 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-27 at 2.07.06 PM.png

Edited by lance1572

Mac Studio |  Apple M1 Ultra | Memory 64 GB | LG UltraFine Display

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2

• Staff

Hi lance1572,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
With  Affinity Photo closed, go to the Applications folder, right-click the Affinity Photo app, select Get Info then check if you have the Open in  Low Resolution checkbox ticked in the General section. Untick it if that's the case then run the app again. Let me know if it fixed the issue.

Ahhhh! That worked. The font is much more crisp. Thank you very much! I do see that Photo just has a very slight different font size for the UI as compare to Designer. Still, thanks for the great tip!!!

Mac Studio |  Apple M1 Ultra | Memory 64 GB | LG UltraFine Display

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2