You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Adjustment Brush with Feather to edit exposure (Product photos)

I want to get rid of Lightroom  🙂  and what's shown below was pretty much the only thing I was using there. I am looking for this in Affinity Photo (I am not an expert, and therefore my question might sound dumb)
Can anyone enlighten me how to accomplish this?
I am already grateful for helpful tips. Thank you!

image.png.498a304077da789b17e4a565d477ac39.png

Hi BarbaraD,

as far as I have understood you want a tool/method to edit parts of the raw-file. In the develop-persona is a tab called Overlays where you exclude/include parts of a photo from editing. There you can either add a gradient or add a brush to determine what part should be edited.

P.S.I'm not an lightroom-user. And my english isn't that good.

Ray, thank you. My english is also not perfect, no worries. Thanks for replying. I found what you mentioned but I don't have a clue how that works. I am adding another screenshot which makes it more visible what I am looking to achieve.

image.png.14a1ac3ad98c0877333bc945e1d929a5.png

Ok, first go to the overlay tab, then add a brush (the button on the lower part of that tab) to marquee the area that you want to "brighten". You should see two layers, one labeled "master", the other labeled "brush overlay", it should be highlighted. After that switch to the basic tab and adjust the exposure or brightness or what ever you want to do.

I hope this helps.

2 minutes ago, Ray S. said:

Ok, first go to the overlay tab, then add a brush (the button on the lower part of that tab) to marquee the area that you want to "brighten". You should see two layers, one labeled "master", the other labeled "brush overlay", it should be highlighted. After that switch to the basic tab and adjust the exposure or brightness or what ever you want to do.

I hope this helps.

oh that's great. Is there some kind of setting like "feather" I do have in Lightroom? What I mean with this is something the software recognizes edges better and doesn't highlight the product itself as much as it does it with the background?
image.png.4e8140d14ed5a7e634650925963a2b6e.png