You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Fill Tool tolerance goes back to 1% automatically

Hey there people! Hope ya'll are safe and sound..

I moved onto Affinity a couple of months back and I've gotta say, it's worth every penny!

My problem is that the tolerance of the fill tool in AP automatically goes to 1% when I click to fill USING HUION 640P.. and increases as I slide my pen upwards...

However if I fill with the trackpad, it remains the same.. This is really getting on my nerves..

2nd issue is that right click with the pen doesn't work at all

HELP!

Edited by talha_psd

• Staff

Hi talha_psd,

Welcome to the forums :)

On 3/27/2020 at 11:26 AM, talha_psd said:

My problem is that the tolerance of the fill tool in AP automatically goes to 1% when I click to fill USING HUION 640P.. and increases as I slide my pen upwards...

If you click & drag on the canvas using this tool, the tolerance will always revert to 1% and increase as you drag in any direction from the initial point. Is this what you're referring to? If not, can you provide a screen recording showing this?

On 3/27/2020 at 11:26 AM, talha_psd said:

2nd issue is that right click with the pen doesn't work at all

Could you confirm for me, are you using Mac or Windows? (If Windows, are you using Windows INK?)
Do you have the latest Huion drivers installed?

Thanks in advance!

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

36 minutes ago, Dan C said:

If you click & drag on the canvas using this tool, the tolerance will always revert to 1% and increase as you drag in any direction from the initial point. Is this what you're referring to? If not, can you provide a screen recording showing this?

Exactly, when I just touch with the pen tolerance becomes 1%, if I drag it increases

38 minutes ago, Dan C said:

Could you confirm for me, are you using Mac or Windows? (If Windows, are you using Windows INK?)
Do you have the latest Huion drivers installed?

Yes I'm on Windows 10 with Windows INK.. and I also have the latest drivers installed. Thanks for the response btw..

• Staff
23 hours ago, talha_psd said:

Exactly, when I just touch with the pen tolerance becomes 1%, if I drag it increases

This is expected behaviour when using the tool and is the same with a mouse or when using a touchpad. I believe due to the sensitive input from a touchpad that Affinity is detecting a 'tap' on the canvas as a very small click and drag movement, which sets the tolerance to 1%.

23 hours ago, talha_psd said:

Yes I'm on Windows 10 with Windows INK.. and I also have the latest drivers installed.

Thanks for letting me know, we've seen that disabling Windows INK can help with certain functions within Affinity. Please try disabling this, not only externally but also through Edit>Preferences>Tools and uncheck 'Use Windows Ink'. 

Does this work better for you? :)

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

32 minutes ago, Dan C said:

Please try disabling this, not only externally but also through Edit>Preferences>Tools and uncheck 'Use Windows Ink'. 

Does this work better for you? :)

OMG that worked like a charm!!! Thank you so muchhhh! It fixed the tolerance problem as well!! :17_heart_eyes:

• 3 years later...

Hi  

I absolutely hate how the tolerance drag thing works.

please let me disable this. I’ll set the tolerance myself 

This dragging nonsense sucks. I can’t seem to click at all without the tolerance resetting. 
Repeating for emphasis, I HATE THIS.