You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo ajust size of unsplash pic to canvas

I've tried a lot, but found no solution.

When I Import a pic from, for example unsplash, it is very big an I have to adjust the size to the canvas. Is it possible to Drag on the page to set the size and position of the image. Or maybe, tell AP to place the pic to fit ether the height or width of the canvas. This would be very helpful for me.

Nikon D7500 - Win 10 - Mac - Affinity Photo/Publisher (Betas if available)

• Staff

Hi PixelNik,
With the Move Tool selected, click on the visible part of the picture to select it. Zoom out enough so you are able to see the blue bounding box of the whole image. Drag one of the corner handles to adjust the size. Click and drag the image to reposition it. If you have Snapping enabled (the magnet icon in the main toolbar with the Snap to spread option ticked) you can easily align/adjust the image size to the canvas size.

An alternate/opposite way is to enlarge the canvas to fit the image size. To do this go to the Document menu and select Unclip Canvas.

Thank you for this fast reply. I used your first solution so far. sometimes it is tedious to take this detour, especially if the photo is much larger than the canvas. Think I have to live with that.

I did not know your second solution yet, it is optimal if the size of the canvas is not important.

It's not exactly what I wanted, but thank you for your great work. I love Affiniy Photo 🙂

Nikon D7500 - Win 10 - Mac - Affinity Photo/Publisher (Betas if available)