You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Tab navigation for next field not working on color mixer

The last 1.8.2 update has broken the use of tab to navigate the values of the color panel.

You can use the tab to go to next field, but as soon as you type a new value, tab stops working until you manually click into a field again. This worked fine in 1.8.0 and 1.8.1. It seems that tabbing after typing the value deselects the current field instead of selecting the next one.

Setting cmyk values is now a slow tab-type-click process.

Other tab-navigable panels work fine (for example, transform panels)

By the way, this is a good chance to remind you we'd love to have tab-navigation in all panels, not only The Chosen Ones😉

• 1 month later...
On 3/27/2020 at 9:08 AM, Sean P said:

Hi Daniel Gibert, 

Thanks for letting us know. I've just re-tested it in the 1.8.3 beta and it does look to be fixed! :) 

Hi again Sean.

I have detected a case on which the issue of tab navigation still fails in 1.8.3. If you have a text box or text characters selected, tab field navigation still doesn't work. For any other kind of object, tab navigation works flawlessly.

Say hi to the team too. 

• Staff
4 hours ago, Daniel Gibert said:

Hi again Sean.

I have detected a case on which the issue of tab navigation still fails in 1.8.3. If you have a text box or text characters selected, tab field navigation still doesn't work. For any other kind of object, tab navigation works flawlessly.

Say hi to the team too. 

Do you mind attaching a quick video that demonstrates the behaviour you're seeing? I've highlighted some text and then clicked into the fields in the Transform Panel (and the Colour Panel) and can tab between them

I shall say hello when I next see them... it's been a while! 😉

Curious!

I'll try more options to see if there is any external interference from 3rd apps or system utilities or something. I'll let you know, because other people can have this issue at certain moment. I'll review what I've installed in recent days, because i'm noticing this only since last week.

Keep going!

In v183 I experience a few other places where the tab key does not jump from field to field within a panel, but does unexpected things.
Here for instance it toogles the UI (move tool) or the opacity of the layers is changed (move tool) or unwanted text is entered (text tool):

The layer-opacity issue was reported and logged for an earlier app version:

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1