Several problems wasting a lot of precious time !!!

First, I don’t get my language (French) in signing up to write in the forums ! After hours of studying your site(s), impossible to find the solution !

I decided to delete my account, or how to do ???

All these troubles started yesterday when I wanted to get A-photo for my ipad 10,5 pro, and to-day, still impossible to buy and to get AP ...

Signing in, it did’nt work at 90 % .. 

Unfortunately it seems that there is solely one solution :  going back from where I’m coming ... from

Adobe.

Thanks for any feedback.

FF

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums, @FFrancois. Sorry to hear you're having problems.

I'm a reasonably experienced user here, but I've never had occasion to look for any forum language settings. And looking now, I don't see any. But feel free to write in French if you want. From what I've seen Serif encourages users to write in the language they're most comfortable with.

If you really want to delete your account, you would (from prior posts I've seen) need to email dataprotection@serif.com and request the deletion.

I'm not sure I understand the problem you've having buying Affinity Photo for your iPad. However, since you would do that at the iOS App Store, I think you would need to talk to Apple if you're having a problem with making the purchase or downloading the app. Serif is not involved with fulfilling the orders in the Apple Stores at all.

I hope you get this resolved to your satisfaction.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1909 (183623.476),
   Desktop: 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, GeForce GTX 970
   Laptop:  8GB memory, Intel Core i7-3625QM @ 2.30GHz, Intel HD Graphics 4000 or NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M
Affinity Photo 1.8.2.620 and 1.8.3.628 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.8.2.620 and 1.8.3.628 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.8.2.620 and 1.8.3.627 Beta.

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback and your explanations.

Concerning the choice of the language, I clicked, coming from your French page, on « Français » mentioned near « Anglais » ...

Willing to buy AP for my ipad, I tried - three times - « achat », and each time I came to an info telling to continue with the fingerprint. So did I, and I heard a short sound, but nothing happened ! ... 

So, I stopped looking for buying AP for iPad pro..

Thanks for your (?) understanding.

FFrancois

27 minutes ago, FFrancois said:

So, I stopped looking for buying AP for iPad pro..

Did you try to buy Affinity Photo for iPad from the Affinity store?   I successfully bought Affinity Designer for iPad that way.

21.5 iMAC Retina 4K display. MacOS Sierra v. 10.12.6 (which I am not changing).  3.1 GHz quad-core Intel Core i5, Turbo Boost up to 3.6 GHz.  Memory 8 GB 1867 MHz LPDDR3.  1TB Fusion Drive.  Intel Iris Pro Graphics 6200 1536 MB.   iPad Pro 12.9, iOS v. 12.3.1, Apple Pencil.  Affinity Publisher 1.8.2, Affinity Photo 1.8.2, Affinity Designer 1.8.2 

Magic mouse.9_9

Thanks for your feedback. I’ve been in the forums, and certainly did something wrong with the different logins. Tomorrow I’ll try once more to buy it.

Btw: I don’t know why one has to use these different logins ... IMHO very complicated for newbies.

Best

Ffr

@jmwellborn

Hi again,

Unfortunately, neither by the affinity store, nor by the Mac App Store (this one recommanded by Affinity), it has been possible to get AFP for my iPad 10,5 pro.

A friendly Mr Steven asked me - yesterday - what kind of device I’m using to buy AFP ... - A strange question after all I tried to explain ...

I’m still waiting for an answer ...

Thanks again for your message, and

best greetings.

FF

On 3/27/2020 at 12:59 AM, jmwellborn said:

Did you try to buy Affinity Photo for iPad from the Affinity store?   I successfully bought Affinity Designer for iPad that way.

Really? I thought the iPad apps were only available from the App Store! :o

20 minutes ago, FFrancois said:

Unfortunately, neither by the affinity store, nor by the Mac App Store (this one recommanded by Affinity), it has been possible to get AFP for my iPad 10,5 pro.

The Mac App Store is only for desktop apps. iOS apps are sold through a separate store.

A friendly Mr Steven asked me - yesterday - what kind of device I’m using to buy AFP ... - A strange question after all I tried to explain ...

Not really such a strange question! It used to be possible to buy iPad apps via iTunes on a Mac or Windows desktop device, so you might have been trying to use one of those to buy APh for iPad.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.3.481 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.8.2.174 • Designer for iPad 1.8.2.4 • iPadOS 13.3.1 (iPad Air 2)

1 hour ago, Alfred said:

Really? I thought the iPad apps were only available from the App Store!

You can try to buy from the Serif Affinity Store, and it will redirect to the Mac App Store on the web. (That doesn't work very well on Windows, from a recent test; I assume it would work better on a Mac.)

It would probbly be better for an iPad user to go directly to the iOS App Store from their device.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1909 (183623.476),
   Desktop: 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, GeForce GTX 970
   Laptop:  8GB memory, Intel Core i7-3625QM @ 2.30GHz, Intel HD Graphics 4000 or NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M
Affinity Photo 1.8.2.620 and 1.8.3.628 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.8.2.620 and 1.8.3.628 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.8.2.620 and 1.8.3.627 Beta.