SLowmo75

Unable to drag layers in layer panel.

Hi, title says it all, restart did the trick, but I just thought I'd let you know!

Was a very small, new file, literally a couple of shapes in a layer group. I made a new blank layer that I was going to use as a background but was unable to drag the new layer down in the Layer Panel so that it was underneath the group. In fact I was unable to render layers by dragging at all.

The file started life as an eps from shutter stock if that helps any?

Thanks

Wayne

Hi Wayne,

Thanks for giving us a heads up, There is maybe a recipe somewhere for getting the layers tab in a state where individual layers can't be dragged, since a restart fixed it for you.

I'll be sure to keep an eye out :)

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Hi Wayne and Affinity,

I have been battling with this glitch a lot in AD... and have been trying to figure out what set's it off.  I think it has something to do with scaling either an object or text just prior to discovering that you can't move layers vertically to a new position.  I think it also began to show itself when I discovered the keyboard shortcut to resize from the center of the object (shift-command).

I too have to save out all my open files, close them and shut down / restart AD.  A bit of a pain but I understand there will be many glitches as we all forge forward in making AD better and better.

BTW... LOVING what you guys are doing/creating.. almost completely away from my use of CS6.  I image in a years time Adobe will be a thing of the past for me.  Kudos for showing the designer world that there ARE great new options to create!!!  : )  Keep up the great work.

Keith

Just bought Designer and run in this bug for a 4th time already. After editing a file for 10-20 minutes layers won't drag. Have to restart every time and it's quite annoying. Can't find any specific action after what it's happening.

Still happens all the time (version 1.6.1). Maybe this has something to do with using a touchpad? I never use mouse with my Macbook.