You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Live filters acting strange in documents that include Artboards

I'm using the latest version of both Photo and Designer and didn't have this problem before updating to the latest version 1.8.2.620. The bug happens in all documents, both newly created and older projects opened up in this version. I'm on the latest update of Windows 10 and have a NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070.

Here's how to create the bug (It requires both Designer and Photo):

1. Start a new project in Designer
  2. Create at least one Artboard (This is essential)
  3. Create a few objects (or import a few images) and make them overlap (may not be necessary to overlap them, but do this to be sure) 
  4. Select File->Edit in Photo... from the menu
  5. In Photo select one of the layers and apply the Live Filter Denoise
    • Most filters don't work, but a few do. I was specific above just to make sure to have one that doesn't in my description.
  6. RESULT: Now some layers completely disappear and others partly show (there's a patterns but it would be a waste for me to explain).
  7. Deactivating / activating the filter clearly shows that the filter isn't doing what it's suppose to do.

Lastly to answer if this worked before: Yes. I had no problems with this before the latest update.

The gif below show an example how it behaves. Sorry for the crappy quality, but it shows clearly what happens. I also included the Affinity-file for this example with the post.

GKbmjhU.gif

bug example (activate and deactivate the filter).afphoto