You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I can't properly edit bullet list character

Eishle

Hello community,

I am not sure if the weird behaviour I came across today has something to do with the today's update of Affinity Designer but I didn't experienced this before:

When I want to style a bulleted list in AD I now have problems to keep the foucs on the input field Text in the pane Absatz (should be paragraph in English). Whenever I click the field it loses the foucs and another step "String für Listenaufzählung …" (something like string for list item) is added to the protocol.

I made a quick video. The interface is in German but I don't think that I have to explain too much. In the first try, I clicked several times and could eventually change the bullet character. In the second try, well, I'm still clicking.

Any ideas?

OS is macOS Catalina 10.15.3.

Cheers

• Staff

Hi Eishle,

I've been trying to reproduce this myself, but not getting the same behaviour you are! The I do very rarely get something similar, but that only seems to happen when my cursor is on the edge of the field when clicking. See attached video

Does this happen for you in a new document with a new piece of text? What pointing device are you using, is it a Mouse, Track Pad, Magic Mouse, Tablet etc?

Hi Sean,

Thanks for your reply.

After your comment, I played a bit with AD. I can reproduce the problem with new documents, too. This time, I had to click at least three times to set the focus on the input field. I'm also not sure if the programme is really meant to clear the focus of the field after I delete just one character. I also clicked the edges and the outcome is getting me even more confused because: It works – at least in a way that I only have to click once to set the focus.

My main pointing device is Apple's Magic Mouse but I tested it with the trackpad, too. Same weird result. As far as I can reproduce it, this problem only occurs witht the input field in question.

New video attached.

Cheers,

Eishle

• 4 weeks later...

Same problem, but worse: Cannot edit the paragraph bullet style Text at all once created. The edit box looses focus as soon as you click on it. You see the cursor blink for a tiny time, then nothing. Even when I multi-click and somehow manage to select the text, it does not save any changes I make. Nothing I can do to change the "Text" of the bullet.

Screenshot 2020-04-24 at 9.25.53 PM.png

On 3/27/2020 at 3:48 PM, Sean P said:

I do very rarely get something similar, but that only seems to happen when my cursor is on the edge of the field when clicking

I, too, experience issues with editing of this numbers/bullets text field but without the need of "cursor on the edge of the field".
I had reported it recently in this thread for APub (which was intentionally opened with a slightly different approach) :

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1