You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher Customer Beta - 1.8.3.627 (Release Candidate)

• Staff

Purpose: Updates and Fixes
Requirements: Purchased Affinity Publisher
Windows Store: Not submitted
Download: Download
Auto-update: Available

---

Hi,

We are pleased to announce that Affinity Publisher Customer Beta 1.8.3.627 is now available as a download from the link above.

If this is your first time using a customer beta of an Affinity app, it’s worth noting that the beta will install as a separate app - alongside your store version. They will not interfere with each other at all and you can continue to use the store version for critical work without worry.

This beta is an incremental update to the 1.8.2 version recently released to all customers (though it installs parallel to the release). We recommend that you use this beta in preference to the store version if you are affected by any of the issues listed below.

---

General
Fix for AutoSave
Fixed issues with live filters making layers disappear
Fix for embedded documents not rendering at specific zoom levels
Fix for crash pulling out groups under an image frame
Boolean Operation fixes
Fixed possible crash saving documents containing embedded documents if there was a colourspace mismatch
Via Layer Panel, linked documents were being opened as embedded and edits were not being committed to the linked file
Shift-Invert selection behaviour with the Move Tool was broken
Resource Manager 'Collect' could collect multiple copies of the same placed image
(Mac) In the New Document dialog, 'Show in Finder' wasn't working for top level folder
(Win) Font Manager could be launched with Resource Manager
(Win) Fixed crash cycling through justification options in a table
(Win) Floating (undocked) panels were collapsing too small and clipping content

Page Management
Fixes for page operations that required spreads to be split
Page objects could be incorrectly rescaled when master page was resized

Text
Filler text is now copied to clipboard as the expanded text rather than as '<FillerText>'
Unpinning a node can scale it incorrectly
Fixed crash copying mixture of filler text and regular TextTool
Text > Upper Case could crash if the selected text was already Upper Case
Copy-paste Arabic text from docx comes as Chinese in Publisher
(Win) Some lines weren't correctly indented when using right align and right indent

Import
Empty (0K) files could crash the import process

Export
PDF Export was not honouring  gradient map's colour space
PDF Export images downsampling to the wrong DPI under certain circumstances
PDF Export was failing with placed documents in LAB colourspace
PDF Export of placed images makes more effort to preserve their colour space
PDF Export fix for export of objects  with empty clipping paths

---

To be notified about all future Windows beta updates, please follow this notification thread 

To be notified when this Publisher update comes out of beta and is fully released to all Publisher customers, please follow this thread

As I can see, you work faster from home then from office. :)

All the latest releases of Designer, Photo and Publisher (retail and beta) on MacOS and Windows.
15” Dell Inspiron 7559 i7 Windows 10 x64 Pro Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M) 16 GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600 MHz (8GBx2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5 500 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED - Backlit Touch Display
32” LG 32UN650-W display 3840 x 2160 UHD, IPS, HDR10 Color Gamut: DCI-P3 95%, Color Calibrated 2 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort
13.3” MacBook Pro (2017) Ventura 13.6 Intel Core i7 (3.50 GHz Dual Core) 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB 500 GB SSD Retina Display (3360 x 2100)

Can someone just clarify for me the fix to AutoSave and what this actually means, there is nothing in the help file, when searched for it just takes you to preferences, but nothing in there to explain it (unless I am missing something)? Is this in the event of a crash so that you can recover the work, or the prompt if you try to close without saving?

Alan Pickup

Windows 11 Home all Affinity suite of Apps PC and Gigabyte Laptop 16gb Ram and Nvidia GTX1660 Super on each.

• Staff
1 minute ago, AlanPickup said:

Can someone just clarify for me the fix to AutoSave and what this actually means, there is nothing in the help file, when searched for it just takes you to preferences, but nothing in there to explain it (unless I am missing something)? Is this in the event of a crash so that you can recover the work, or the prompt if you try to close without saving?

This is the thread the issue is linked to:

Got confused with it saying AutoSave rather than file recovery, which I know as been asked for in previous threads

Alan Pickup

Windows 11 Home all Affinity suite of Apps PC and Gigabyte Laptop 16gb Ram and Nvidia GTX1660 Super on each.

12 hours ago, AdamW said:

Copy-paste Arabic text from docx comes as Chinese in Publisher

Does that mean you're on your way to support right-to-left in your suite:)? (sorry i can't test it, since this is a "customer beta" cycle)

• Staff
56 minutes ago, tyu said:

Does that mean you're on your way to support right-to-left in your suite:

The paste format [codepage 1256] (and the equivalent RTF codepage) was not supported so the text imported incorrectly. That is the only change, no more than that at the moment, sorry.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.