You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher Customer Beta - 1.8.3.627 (Release Candidate)

• Staff

Purpose: Stability and General Testing
Requirements: Purchased Affinity Publisher
Mac App Store: Not submitted
Download: Download
Auto-update: Available

---

Hi,

We are pleased to announce that Affinity Publisher Customer Beta 1.8.3.627 is now available as a download from the link above.

If this is your first time using a customer beta of an Affinity app, it’s worth noting that the beta will install as a separate app - alongside your store version. They will not interfere with each other at all and you can continue to use the store version for critical work without worry.

This beta is an incremental update to the 1.8.2 version recently released to all customers (though it installs parallel to the release). We recommend that you use this beta in preference to the store version if you are affected by any of the issues listed below.

---

General
Fix for AutoSave
Fixed issues with live filters making layers disappear
Fix for embedded documents not rendering at specific zoom levels
Fix for crash pulling out groups under an image frame
Boolean Operation fixes
Fixed possible crash saving documents containing embedded documents if there was a colourspace mismatch
Via Layer Panel, linked documents were being opened as embedded and edits were not being committed to the linked file
Shift-Invert selection behaviour with the Move Tool was broken
Resource Manager 'Collect' could collect multiple copies of the same placed image
(Mac) In the New Document dialog, 'Show in Finder' wasn't working for top level folder
(Win) Font Manager could be launched with Resource Manager
(Win) Fixed crash cycling through justification options in a table
(Win) Floating (undocked) panels were collapsing too small and clipping content

Page Management
Fixes for page operations that required spreads to be split
Page objects could be incorrectly rescaled when master page was resized

Text
Filler text is now copied to clipboard as the expanded text rather than as '<FillerText>'
Unpinning a node can scale it incorrectly
Fixed crash copying mixture of filler text and regular TextTool
Text > Upper Case could crash if the selected text was already Upper Case
Copy-paste Arabic text from docx comes as Chinese in Publisher
(Win) Some lines weren't correctly indented when using right align and right indent

Import
Empty (0K) files could crash the import process

Export
PDF Export was not honouring  gradient map's colour space
PDF Export images downsampling to the wrong DPI under certain circumstances
PDF Export was failing with placed documents in LAB colourspace
PDF Export of placed images makes more effort to preserve their colour space
PDF Export fix for export of objects  with empty clipping paths

---

To be notified about all future Mac beta updates, please follow this notification thread 

To be notified when this Publisher update comes out of beta and is fully released to all Publisher customers, please follow this thread

Wow! I don't know if it is my imagination or what, but this beta seems to launch much faster & is generally more responsive on my old iMac than the current retail version.

Yay! 😄

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

49 minutes ago, R C-R said:

I don't know if it is my imagination or what, but this beta seems to launch much faster & is generally more responsive on my old iMac than the current retail version.

This is due to the boost library coming to its own. 😀

2017 27” iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 • Radeon Pr 580 8GB • 64GB • Ventura 13.6.4.

iPad Pro (10.5-inch) • 256GB • Version 16.4

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.