You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

1.8.3.623 - Cursor "teleports" when adjusting brush size

First, I'm not sure if I'm supposed to report a bug that exists both in the release and the Beta, so feel free to delete the thread if necessary.

So to summarize, it's exactly the same bug as the one in the latest official release that I reported a month ago.

Affinity Photo 2.4.2 for Windows  OS: Windows 10 Pro x64 ver. 22H2  CPU: AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core  RAM: 64 GB DDR5-6400  GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Suprim X 24GB / driver 526.98  NVMe SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB  Monitors: 2x Eizo ColorEdge CS2420 24"

Unless they have said that a bug is fixed, and it's not, you don't need to report it again at all, Alex.

If you do want to mention it again, it's most appropriate to simply mention in the original topic where you reported it that it's still not fixed.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

I don't see this problem in the beta .623 and the latest release .620 versions. Mouse or Wacom tablet it works fine.

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

• Staff

Hi Alex_M,

If you use the beta, always report it in the beta forum. Feel free to mention if it does or does not affect the retail. It's actually a huge help if you are able to check retail and beta. If it doesn't affect retail, we know it is a regression and we can mark it as so in the bug report.

• Staff
On 3/26/2020 at 1:29 AM, AlainP said:

I don't see this problem in the beta .623 and the latest release .620 versions. Mouse or Wacom tablet it works fine.

I don't have my Wacom with me but I can't recall if it matters about the 'Windows ink' checkbox in Preferences > Tools. 

Well, if you use Windows Ink you can't change the size and hardness of the brush with "Alt". So with Windows Ink enabled I have to use keyboard shortcuts or the context toolbar to make those changes.

When Windows Ink is disabled I can then change size and hardness by holding "Alt" and the "upper" button of my Wacom Pen.  While changing size or hardness with this method the cursor or "pen tip" does not move at all, it just get smaller or larger moving right or left and hardness changes moving up or down. It works the same in the latest beta and the release version.

I remember there was a time when the cursor was moving away from it's initial place while using "Alt" and moving the pen. I can't remember in which version it was fixed, but now it works very well. It would be better if "Windows Ink" was out of the equation but this is not a deal breaker for me.

Hoping this help...

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.