You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Why not more *AI* technology?

Would be great if the Affinity suite had more AI based tools. For example:

1. Image upscaling like: https://letsenhance.io/
2. Remove BG of an image: https://www.remove.bg
3. Mix two photos into a new one: https://www.artbreeder.com/  (it's not just blending, but more like breeding the subjects of the photo):
4. Automatic scene labeling like this. To have rough masks to start working with. + Automatic depth map creation for inserting Depth of field
1*c5yvBgnNeMYxQlwr5yN5yQ.png

Edited by Guest
had a new idea

• 1 year later...

Woah, I especially like the scene objects highlighting (because I hadn’t seen it before like this).
Pretty sure the Serif guys are working hard for this but without neglecting the potentially more important imminent few fixes and QoL tweaks.

To be honest, I have used these similarly related AI things a total of zero times in other applications... so I wonder how useful it can really be (if others can chime in), however, the Depth Map and scene labeling though, that looks interesting.

I am very excited about everything AI   but yet  have  to see any AI based tool  that could be somewhat helpful when it comes to anything your actual job related.   For some fancy bunny ears in your photos it's super cool for sure.

What's weird it's surprisingly few really helping things  AI could do so far .  I bought one more year of Photoshop subscribtion last year because of promised AI selecting and photo tagging.    Hardly used it at all.  It's just easier and quicker  to select by yourself  vs  correcting  that stupid  like rock AI .  Tagging  works for anything except what you really need it for.       Same  with sympligon AI lod creation. What a mess.  You end up re-making  by yourself except in some very  obvious  and simple cases.  

Same for AI depth from photo  in  Adobe Alchemist.   It's so-so  really.  Not even  close to real depth captured through photogrammetry.

The only good AI job I saw is Octane render de-noiser.    vs other denoisers in other renderers  which basically smear you rendered image into something   unusable and do it only for beauty pass  so also useless

I have mixed impression from AI so far .  A great excitement and expectations and  kind of disappointing reality

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

you should not compare adobe to affinity adobe has over 29,000 employees, Serif has less than 100 employees. you should expect that affinity will not have everything that adobe but it has mostly what adobe has but for a much lower price.

Tzvi 9_9

Lenovo IdeaPad 5 Ryzen 7 5700U Rx Vega 8 graphics 

16GB RAM (15.3 usable) 

Acer KB202 27in 1080p monitor

Affinity Photo 1.10.6

Affinity photo 2 2.4.0 Affinity Designer 2 2.4.0 Affinity Publisher 2 2.4.0 on Windows 11 Pro version 23H2

Beta builds as they come out.

canon 80d| sigma 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 DC MACRO OS HSM | Tamron SP AF 28-75mm f/2.8 XR Di LD | Canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM Autofocus APS-C Lens, Black