You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Regular Expression Cant find Right Indent Tab 1.8.2.619

It seems that RE in .619 is unable to find the right tab.

I can successfully find the right tab with the "Normal" search.

Also there is an issue with some icons that appear in the search field when looking for special chars:

Some icons that come up in the search field are just an oval (circle).

It's impossible to know what that char represents. 

Below are special search chars that have the same empty icon:

Right Indent Tab
Indent to Here
Column Break
0 Width Space
Non Breaking Hyphen

In addition the following have the same icons:

Odd Page Break
Even Page Break

and:

Em Space
En Space

It would be great if each icon represented a different search char.

2017 27” iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 • Radeon Pr 580 8GB • 64GB • Ventura 13.6.4.

iPad Pro (10.5-inch) • 256GB • Version 16.4

Personally, I think that Serif ought to use the syntax for its regex type and insert those codes versus these icon-looking things. 

People who use regex often enough will learn the syntax and that will always be quicker than using a mouse to insert an icon symbol. An added plus is that it makes helping someone with a grep f/r on the forum easier.

1 hour ago, MikeW said:

Personally, I think that Serif ought to use the syntax for its regex type and insert those codes versus these icon-looking things. 

That is my personal preference as well. I don't think it has to be one or the other. My suggestion would be to allow the dropdown to insert the icons, while the user could type the expression and the expression would be left as typed. That way it can appeal to both kinds of users.

4 hours ago, MikeW said:

I didn't want to rock the boat too much but I too would rather have RegEx for the regex searches.

2017 27” iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 • Radeon Pr 580 8GB • 64GB • Ventura 13.6.4.

iPad Pro (10.5-inch) • 256GB • Version 16.4

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.