You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I am having a hard time adding the 3D to my text - could there be something that is blocking it from adding it?  I added a font - added a metallic overlay - nested it inside. I clicked on the affect tab and clicked 3-d - (the FX did show up) didn't see much of a change at all - the program I am following  said to go to the little cog shape on the right - I clicked on the cog shape and then clicked on the panel - on the program it changed to look amazing and a huge 3d effect. - nothing on mine.   I don't know if somehow it is blocked - new at this and technologically challenged - would appreciate any help anyone could offer.      Including my video incase that helps.

Thank you!

https://www.loom.com/share/7db679742ac14c3498a91c515e189851

• Staff

Hi Tlmanty,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
You are using very large font size (3015 pt) and applying a 3D effect with a Radius of just 34px. Increase the Radius to 100px (on enter a value like 300px in the respective input field on the right so you can use values above 100) and you should see the effect more clearly.

If you start with a small web document type 1440x900 px (with the units set to px) you should be able to see the effects immediately with the default FX values when you apply them.

I've also noticed you had some trouble enlarging the Layers panel in the beginning. If you double-click the Constraints label (the panel below the Layers panel) to collapse it you would will get an expanded Layers panel without having to detach it from the studio.