You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hyperlink used multiple times

There doesn't appear to be a way to use the same hyperlink twice in the same document in Publisher.

Example:

In the References section of a paper, I add hyperlinks (to pdf) to a somewhat wordy citation in 3 parts. To make sense of these in the Hyperlinks panel I give them short concise labels.

No-one looks in the Reference section of a paper unless they have to, so in the main text somewhere, when this topic crops up I simply write "parts 1, 2 & 3" or "see part 1, page n" and add my pre-labelled hyperlinks to those digits.

I can't seem to be able to do that. If I try to use Text | Interactive | Insert hyperlink on that "1" there's no choice list, I have to start again. My tidy Hyperlinks panel now begins to fill up with duplicates as I keep referring to that same hyperlink in my text.

Have I missed something? It's not in the video or help menu. Is there a work-around?

Thanks in anticipation

22 hours ago, Rainieria said:

Have I missed something?

Nope.

QuarkXPress behaves more like what you are asking for by allowing multiple instances of a single hyperlink to be repeated in the document, but in Affinity Publisher each one is a separate entity in the panel.  I have asked for this to be fixed before, back with the very first Publisher betas before it was released, but it seems to have fallen on deaf ears.