You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Lightroom and affinity photo external editor

Hi All

Affinity photo is on sale right now , and I am planning on re-purchasing ( I originally purchased through Microsoft). I’ve read most of the threads about this issue and I don’t have the skill set to modify permissions comfortably.

So I would like to be clear ..if I purchase directly from Afffinity I can set it as an external editor in Lightroom just by setting it up in preferences. If this is correct I would rather repurchase then edit the app folder this in Windows 10

thank you 

Dwnorth 

ps love photo and agree with others   I would purchase a replacement for Lightroom when it is developed 

• Staff

Due to the way apps from the Window store have to be sandboxed the version of Affinity Photo isn't suitable. The version from our Affinity Store can be easily be setup as an external editor in Lightroom.

• 2 weeks later...

I have already purchased Affinity Photo through the Microsoft Store.

I'd like to access Photo as an external editor from Lightroom but it doesn't appear as an option. Is there any technical way round this (to unsandbox it)?  

If not, can I download Photo from Affinity (without having to pay again!), uninstall the MS Store version and install the Affinity version.