You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

As a capture one user, I am having trouble smoothly integrating AP into my workflow. I can easily export a tiff file and have AP open it for editing. However, when I finish, there does not seem to be a way to safe the file in a manner that C1 recognizes. A "save" write an AP file. "Export" writes a file but C1 doesn't pick up on it. So far I have to export the file as a tiff or jpg, then import it back into C1. This is a real pain since I have to retype the name the folder in C1 to put the edited film into carefully or the image will end up in the wrong place.

Any way to make this work smoothly, like I assume it would for LR or Aperture?

Hi Steve,

Not had experience with C1 but you assume correctly with LR/Aperture which I have installed and work fine for me. I know there are some guys on here who use C1 so maybe the'll be able to help.

Allan

About me: Trainer at Apple, Freelance Video Editor, Motion Graphics Artist, Website Designer, Photographer. Yes I like creating things!!!

Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/mystrawberrymonkey/

Twitter: @StrawberryMnky  @imAllanThompson

Web: mystrawberrymonkey.com  Portfolio: behance.net/allanthompson

YouTube: Affinity Designer & Photo Tutorials

• Staff

We are going to look at improving this very soon.

SerifLabs team - Affinity Developer
  • Software engineer  -  Photographer  -  Guitarist  -  Philosopher
  • iMac 27" Retina 5K (Late 2015), 4.0GHz i7, AMD Radeon R9 M395
  • MacBook (Early 2015), 1.3GHz Core M, Intel HD 5300
  • iPad Pro 10.5", 256GB

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Steve - I'm getting the same problem - only occasionally Capture One won't read a TIF saved from AP even when I try to important it 'manually' - there's just a black box in the browser and Capture One says 'generating a preview - Less than a minute left' - only the previrew never appears. Looking forward to AP sorting this out!!

• 3 months later...

I've had this problem, too. I love Affinity Photo, but have had to keep another image editor as my primary editor simply because I use workflow software (formerly Aperture, currently C1P).

If Affinity's default for "Save" were to save the file back to its original location and in its original format (.tif) as opposed to automatically converting it to an Affinity file, that should, I would think, solve the problem. Seems simple enough, but then I'm not a coder.

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

Saving back to TIFF with Affinity layers will be available in Version 1.5. Coming soon.

SerifLabs team - Affinity Developer
  • Software engineer  -  Photographer  -  Guitarist  -  Philosopher
  • iMac 27" Retina 5K (Late 2015), 4.0GHz i7, AMD Radeon R9 M395
  • MacBook (Early 2015), 1.3GHz Core M, Intel HD 5300
  • iPad Pro 10.5", 256GB

• 8 months later...

Moving between C1 and Ap back and forth . what setting should i do? (lightroom to Photoshop can do)

Cos now only i could do was edited c1 export Tif (whatever) then opend with AP edited saved again...

want to some editing C1 then go to AP save it backing to C1 but  can't  .when edited C1 (meanu -open - how to edite- Ap )

In Ap will become default photo that before edit  .And How Could i send them back to C1 with edited by Ap

sorry my english was Bad ....

someone help  unless understand my english...

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 3 months later...

I have C1 and Affinity installed in a laptop and a desktop. On the laptop when I click on edit with it shows Affinity as one of the options, but on the desktop Affinity is not listed. How can I have Affinity listed by default? Also in which folder is the Affinity .exe file stored, I could not find it?

14 hours ago, AdrianMe said:

How can I have Affinity listed by default?

This is set by the OS, I am not sure how to do this on Windows so hopefully someone who does know will chime in.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.