You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Compound Constraints broken

While I found a few threads mentioning how constraints themselves seem to be somewhat broken, especially in combination with groups I couldn't find anything on Compound Constraints... which are highly messed up!

They only work in individual cases, meaning as soon as you copy them or try to convert them into a symbol or anything they explode all over your document.

And it's very easy to reproduce actually:

1. Create an AFDesigner file
  2. Create to shapes
  3. Make a compound shape out of the two shapes (Alt + click on any of the Geometry options in the toolbar)
  4. Give one of the compound-sub-objects any constraints which turns the "Compound" object into a "Compound Constraints" one
  5. Copy the Compound Constraints object or turn it into a symbol and place an instance of that anywhere to have the sub-objects seemingly disappear (in fact they move to random locations)

(Otherwise you can also try to copy or make a symbol of the Compound Constraints object in the appended file.)

Since from what I could find out this bug or its relatives seem to be known for 2 to 3 years by now... is there any fix in sight? Or will it just stay broken for the foreseeable future?

Constraints Compound Bug.afdesign