You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I baught Affinity Photo it tookmy money and wont load

Hello @poldendave,

just an idea, is the download complete?
I would copy the installation file to another directory and then with authorization rights install.
It's worth a try, good luck.

Cheers

Affinity Photo 2.4:         Affinity Photo 1.10.6: 

Affinity Designer 2.4:    Affinity Designer 1.10.6:

Affinity Publisher 2.4:   Affinity Publisher 1.10.6:    

Windows 11 Pro  (Version 23H2 Build (22631.3447)

1 minute ago, Gnobelix said:

Good question! If the download is complete and correct, the file will have a valid digital signature.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

18 minutes ago, Gnobelix said:

Hello @poldendave,

I would copy the installation file to another directory and then with authorization rights install.
It's worth a try, good luck.

Cheers

Thanks for the thought

Can`t find the installer file... No Affinity program  showing on Program list

3 minutes ago, poldendave said:

Can`t find the installer file...

You showed it above, and it should still be there unless you've deleted it:

image.png.79b82b8b5d4d918a3919a2bca1692b3b.png

Right-click on it, choose Properties, and then you should be able to find the digital signature.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff
1 hour ago, poldendave said:

P1120213.JPG

Quoted from the installer FAQ - 

On 10/31/2019 at 3:04 PM, Leigh said:
  • If you’re seeing the Installer Windows UI but it only shows the App’s name, please download and install the latest versions of the Windows .NET Framework from Microsoft's website - for more information about Affinity apps and .NET, please read this FAQ.

Your computer is missing the latest version of .NET and this needs installing before you can proceed with installing Affinity. As suggested before, please make sure to carefully follow all steps in the FAQ, and let us know if you have any trouble following these.

Edit - If an Affinity installer download is incomplete you will almost always see an error message - usually relating to 64bit support or the Windows version that's running.

(I'm not sure why these 2 errors are the ones that tend to show with incomplete downloads, but I thought the information could be useful for future threads :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

Hi Leigh

Thanks for your help

I am in over my head now so I think I will give up trying to download it for now as 

• My laptop contains all my photos from the last thirty years and I can not afford to compromise the machine- despite having it backed up could possibly transfer a virus to the back up hard drive
  • I believe the computer will have to be connected to the internet to use the Affinity programme. Ideally | wanted a package that was standalone and once installed did not need to connect to the internet to enable editing.

So I will return to the dark ages and have to transfer files by memory to my PC to edit them... not ideal but as far as i can see safer.

Thanks

Dave

• Staff

Hi Dave,

The Affinity apps don't require any internet connect to be used and you certainly shouldn't need to transfer your library, you just need to install a Microsoft update before you can install Affinity.

Please do the following:

I hope this clears things up :) 

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

Hi Dan

Thank you for your patience...........it was much appreciated and very worthwhile.

I followed the guidance you gave me and it all worked.....Affinity photo all loaded on my Laptop.

just to confirm....

Will I be able to use the Affinity photo software to do my photo editing without being connected to the internet which is very much my preferrred option because of the risk of getting a virus ( I am paranoid having had one on my PC despite virus software which did a lot of damage)

If I can us it without connection which functions would not be accesible/usable

Many thanks 

Kindest 

Dave P

• Staff

No problem at all Dave, I'm very glad to hear it's now working for you :)

Everything will be functional within Affinity Photo without an internet connection - except for the Stock Studio, as this provides access to stock images from certain websites.

Other than this, you're able to edit and save your images without an connection to the internet. I hope this clears things up!

Please note -

Many thanks!

@poldendave,

I am truly sorry I gave you the wrong impression. My remark was surely not towards you or the other posters but to the one who originally created the title of this thread. I found the title unfair and that is what I wanted to say. Despite the fact I do not agree with the title of this thread, I have to respect the opinion of the original poster which was frustrated because of this problem.

Nevertheless, you, the other forum members and even the original poster are valuable community members for me.

In case I offended anybody with that remark, I sincerely want to apologize. It was not my intention.

Chris

On 7/24/2020 at 12:55 PM, Bad_Wolf said:

I install a new system from scratch every year in the two last years. Before, I ran the same system for 5 years giving me a lot of problems. Despite the problems, I got everything worked but on the price of spending a lot of time solving those problems.

It is much more beneficial spending a few days a year installing a clean system than struggling with a bits and pieces crappy system. You do not have to be a computer expert to make a clean install, only being prepared, take a backup from everything on your hard disk and watch some Youtube tutorials for the system you want to re-install.

Back in my previous life as a windows user (lol!) I used to use Ghost to image my system once I’d set it up as I wanted it as a starting point and used Goback on my laptop to reset it every boot - I saved everything I created onto and external drive. I also used Acronis True Image later on. Clean installing is like a spring clean, can make a big difference to performance once you’ve got rid of the crud.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

The last photograph poldendave posted, that is all I get, the black box, and THAT is on a clean win7 ultimate drive, I tried to install it on my photography computer "got nothing" it may have done some thing in the background as all I got was a wee purple circle going round and around. neither of the win computers are on the world wide waste

Dave

aka

dtmcc

• Staff

Hi Dave / dmtcc :)

Please follow my above post to install the latest version of .NET - this should resolve the issue you're seeing!

Please note -

Many thanks!

Dan-C

Not much change on this then, the last time I downloaded stuff from Serif, it did not work then either ... said it before and I will say it again, Serif should supply this on Disc to the people that want to buy a disc rather than a download

I am really looking forward to getting rid of the internet and the mobile phone

Dave / dtmcc

win-net.jpg

1 hour ago, dtmcc said:

Serif should supply this on Disc to the people that want to buy a disc rather than a download

That would not help you if the issue is with getting Microsoft .NET installed. The distribution medium of the Affinity applications has nothing to do with that.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

1 hour ago, dtmcc said:

Dan-C

Not much change on this then, the last time I downloaded stuff from Serif, it did not work then either ... said it before and I will say it again, Serif should supply this on Disc to the people that want to buy a disc rather than a download

I am really looking forward to getting rid of the internet and the mobile phone

Dave / dtmcc

win-net.jpg

Any help?

https://github.com/nicehash/NiceHashMiner/issues/2022

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

• Staff

@dtmcc - I'm sorry to hear you feel this way! From my research this error can happen when trying to install .NET offline - can you please confirm, are you connected to the internet when you try and install this framework?

Please note -

Many thanks!