You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi Forum,

I shoot in Adobe RGB and have likewise set color space in AP to Adobe RGB. However, whenever I open an image in AP a get a prompt saying the file was converted to Adobe RGB.

Is this a bug or intentional?

Thanks

Hi Forum,

I shoot in Adobe RGB and have likewise set color space in AP to Adobe RGB. However, whenever I open an image in AP a get a prompt saying the file was converted to Adobe RGB.

Is this a bug or intentional?

Thanks

Hi totoff, 

I've attached an Adobe RGB (1998) profiled TIFF. 

Could you please open it in AP and see if the profile assignment notification appears? 

The original was sRGB, which triggered the notification, I saved the TIFF with my default RGB profile and this did not trigger the notification. 

Paul. 

No, it does not. All fine.

I've checked again with several files (.CR2, .RAF, JPG) with Adobe RGB assigned (checked twice with Finder info and Photoshop) - they all trigger the notification.

Did you assign the RGB profile in AF or in another app?

.CR2 and .RAF files are RAW files and do not have a color space. The image you process from them is assigned the color space of your choice which in your case is Adobe1998 RGB.

In the general preferences tab of the preferences there is a setting near the bottom which will give you an alert if the Warn checkbox is checked. Above that is the option to convert the file's color space to the working color space you have selected in preferences. So if you open a file with no space assigned or a different space assigned and Warn is checked you will get an alert. Test it to be sure but that appears to be the way it works.

post-12212-0-80624000-1437522673_thumb.jpg

.CR2 and .RAF files are RAW files and do not have a color space. The image you process from them is assigned the color space of your choice which in your case is Adobe1998 RGB.

Thanks Jim for clarifying. However, the same alert appears upon opening JPGs with Adobe RGB assigned.

Above that is the option to convert the file's color space to the working color space you have selected in preferences. So if you open a file with no space assigned or a different space assigned and Warn is checked you will get an alert. 

AP is set accordingly.

No, it does not. All fine.

I've checked again with several files (.CR2, .RAF, JPG) with Adobe RGB assigned (checked twice with Finder info and Photoshop) - they all trigger the notification.

Did you assign the RGB profile in AF or in another app?

Hi totoff,

I exported the file from Affinity Photo.

I also made sure that the Adobe RGB (1998) profile gets embedded during export.

Hope this helps.

Paul.