You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

Hi Dave11 :)

You may have changed the view setting for the Assets Studio. Please open the studio, then check the following checkbox for 'Show as list' -

image.png

I recommend un-checking this option, then make sure you have the Asset Category expanded (the arrow to the left of the category name) in order to show all assets in the category.

I hope this helps!

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

Re Dan's advice not to show as list, I personally work with transparent background and if i add a table as an asset, it is only vaguely visible because it is black on gray.  But using the list option shows what is there better for me.

Edited by Peter999

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Dave, Dan and Peter,

All my assets are missing as well. They disappeared today. I unchecked the show as list and also expanded the Category but it completely empty. 

They have disappeared before the last two updates as well. Luckily I had backed them up.

I uploaded each one again a week ago and today they all disappeared again.

The only assets remaining are the ones that came with AD. I guess I'll have to reload all my assets again. Lol, I have so many it will take a while.

• Staff

Hi Bibi :)

I'm very sorry to hear you're having trouble!

On 4/19/2020 at 9:23 AM, Bibi McMurray said:

I uploaded each one again a week ago and today they all disappeared again.

If no update was performed during this time, it sounds as though a third party app may be affecting your Affinity files and routinely 'cleaning' these folders.

Do you have any third party apps installed, such as CCleaner, designed for removing unwanted files from your computer?

Many thanks in advance!

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Hi Dan, I haven't heard of CCleaner.  I have Bitdefender security suite installed. I'm not sure if that would delete files that I'm not aware of, I will check it's settings and see if I can find anything.

I restored all the assets but they are missing again today.  Maybe you're idea that another app could be causing this could be worth looking into. I'll get back to you if I find anything that could be causing this that is external to AD.

Bibi. 

• Staff

Thanks for confirming that, Bitdefender has a few such systems, including their 'OneClick Optimiser' - this removes 'unwanted files', but we've seen these previously remove Affinity files.

5 minutes ago, Bibi McMurray said:

I restored all the assets but they are missing again today

I'm sorry to hear this - have you yet re-imported your assets? if not, I'd like to have a quick look at the files/folders Affinity currently has saved in AppData. (Specifically - %AppData%\Roaming\Affinity\Designer\1.0\user )

Hi Dan C,

After following the documents in my last comment I uploaded some assets and they haven't disappeared. The fix seems to be working which is awesome.

I'll report back if the assets disappear again in the future.

Thanks for your help and advice.

• Staff

My sincerest apologies for the delayed response Bibi, thanks for your screenshot and I appreciate the update - I'm very glad to hear that this appears to be resolved :)