You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to purchase Affinity Photo for my friend in Russia

Dear Affinity Photo support,

I would like to purchase Affinity Photo to my friend in Russia, iHe is on disability and cannot afford even the just announces 50% off.

His photography is simply stunning, despite of using a very old camera! It is very true that the camera itself just a tool.

Can I purchase Affinity Photo from US paying with my credit card but  to his name and his  email address.

Wold  be he the user and the activation code to be send to his emails address. He is a Window user.

Please, help and let me know.

Leo

I think you would buy a redemption code by contacting Serif directly via email, then send the codes to your friend. 

Someone from Serif will be able to give more guidance tomorrow.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

27 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

I think you would buy a redemption code by contacting Serif directly via email, then send the codes to your friend. 

Someone from Serif will be able to give more guidance tomorrow.

Walt, T

Thank you for  advice.

Is the shown below email address correct for a direct contact with Serif for the help in purchasing?

affinity@serif.com

Thank you again.

Leo

That's the one suggested by one of the Serif staff back in December, so yes, it should work.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

3 minutes ago, nucleonbge said:

you

3 minutes ago, nucleonbge said:

Do you think it would work, if I would  purchase the Affinity Photo with my credit card using my friend  name and his email address?

You're welcome.

Technically that would probably work. But legally it's questionable as transferring the program from one user to another is not allowed by the license agreement.

I would wait for a response and do it properly.

-- Walt
PC:

• Staff
20 hours ago, nucleonbge said:

Do you think it would work, if I would  purchase the Affinity Photo with my credit card using my friend  name and his email address?

Yes that will also work but ensure that you use their email address as the Product Key will be linked to the email used at the time of purchase, or you can wait for a member of the team get to your email 🙂

Any spelling or grammatical errors found in the above post are deliberate and included to boost the self-esteem of those who spot them.

On 3/25/2020 at 5:19 AM, StevenS said:

Yes that will also work but ensure that you use their email address as the Product Key will be linked to the email used at the time of purchase, or you can wait for a member of the team get to your email 🙂

Hi Steve,

I have pay as agues to you sent link and missed to write down the Order number.

I am sorry for such clumsy miss.

Here is a copy of my my bank Visa card account (find below) for the payment. It usually takes several afire the number would remove hold.

I will call credit card to check the status ad confirm if needed,

Card Hold / 000980020296995 PAYPAL *SERIFEUROPE 35314369001 GB
-$24.99I am 

Thank you for the help.

Leo

On 3/25/2020 at 5:19 AM, StevenS said:

Hi Steven,

My payment for Affinity Photo has beeb cleared. The payment completed :)

What is the next step?   I am sorry for taking so much time.

Copy ov the Bank statement"

1682134127_ScreenShot2020-03-28at9_21_01AM.jpg.8d080e9ca2b82370723bc555babb4d7d.jpg