You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Selecting Tonal Ranges

• Staff

Hi jmagill :)

Unfortunately this isn't a user controllable option, the Application 'reads' your image and decides on which ranges suit which category automatically.

I'll move this thread to the feedback section of our forums for our devs to see and consider!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

I just watched a great PS Youtube tutorial video on Luminosity that explains the need very simply.  If you watch this video from the 12 minute mark you can see a simple panel with slider for  previewing and adjusting the target areas.  The video can be found here...... 

Bernie

• 2 weeks later...

I just recently purchased Affinity Photo and watched an excellent video on creating light beams  here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Wh3ZVDt8Kk

However when I tried to do the select / tonal range / Select highlights - nothing happened on the image I downloaded from the site nor on another photo I tried. I am using an upto date windows computer with the latest Affinity Photo software (April 2020) so am somewhat disappointed at falling over at the first hurdle? Any thoughts on what am I doing wrong?

Screenshot1.JPG

Hi Altheus

Okay, you use an image not a pixel layer

Right click rasterize it  and you have a pixel layer

Go select / tonal range / Select highlights    you have your selection, CTRL C, CTRL V, 

you have  a pixel layer HL😉

But in this case select manually is better I think,  click  on HL pixel  Select Samples color  pixel  play with tolerance   Have a good dayimage.png.3afecf432f45aa475e7f0e76b5fe14c3.png