You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

First artwork in Affinity

Slammer

I have been pottering around with Photoshop since version 1.0.7, along with Illustrator 88, along with PageMaker, FreeHand, Ventura Publisher etc.
And had me some fun along the way.
After a long time out I tried to dip my hand in PS again and found that I no longer liked Adobes finest, especially with the subscription. So I came across Affinity, the rest they say is history.

I have always had a soft spot for aircraft, especially the stringbags of WW1 and of course the achingly beautiful speedbirds of the Schneider Trophy.

So I thought my first attempt with Designer and Photo would be a WW1 bird.

The first image is out of designer, the next one is with difference clouds... sorry perlin noise and the third one is with highlighting. The next big step is cammo and I want to have it in the livery of Eddie Rickenbacker´s Niewport 28.

This is a work in progress and I´ll add on as it progresses, so let´s go for a ride.

NiewportPNG.png

Niewport28_1PNG.png

Niewport28_2PNG.png

Edited by Slammer

• Staff

@Slammer

Those are great, thanks for sharing. You may see I have tagged this with "plane" and "airplane" and if you click on that tag you may enjoy some of the other airplanes that have been shared in this forum.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

The link leads to some realy great artwork, the SR71 is breathtaking.
I do have one more to share at the moment. It´s a Macchi 72 and a bit of a hybrid as it started off in Illlustrator and was finished in AP.

All other artwork was done in Adobe´s finest so I don´t think I´ll showcase them here.

macchi72-Small.jpg