You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Zoom bugs

F+C

(on an imported IDML which has been worked on quite a bit0

1. While working on a spread: hold down Option, Command, Spacebar in order to zoom - document disappears. Using Command 1, Command-2, or Command-3 won't bring it back. One has to go to the menu and select "Zoom to Width" to get document back.

iMac/High Sierra 10.13.6/ 32gb RAM

Here on 10.12.6 and 10.14.6 I just get sent to the finder and a search window pops up.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• 4 weeks later...

It seems the command which causes all pages to disappear (I don't see the command in your video) forces the entire layout to move far away in the endless workspace, out of the visible window area.

Therefore none of Command-1, -2 or -3 can make it appear, because these commands don't move but zoom only, relative to the cursor position. So, if your cursor is visible in the left half of your screen while the pages are moved far away to the bottom right and outside than you simply can't see them zooming with cmd-1, -2, or -3 because they zoom away from your cursor and zoom within a currently invisible area. I think there is no issue with Command-1, -2, -3.

To make the spread come back to the main window you would rather use one of those commands which force the entire spread to move, as for instance Command-0. This causes a move because it forces the pages inside the window.

Nevertheless, I don't understand what command causes the sudden, extreme move-away of the pages in the middle of your video. I just see the zoom level switches from 100 % to 50%, caused by whatever. – Like for OldBruce also to me the combi of Cmd + Spacebar causes a switch to the macOS finder for a search (regardless of the additional option key). So I assume your macOS might have an altered default keyboard shortcut, or just a customized behavior of modifier keys in macOS. Maybe that causes a conflict with a default or custom Affinity shortcut?

Possibly a quick log-in on your mac as a different, virgin user for a trial of this Affinity zoom behavior might shed some light on this. If the issue doesn't occur there then you know it's likely any custom preference, either in macOS or Affinity or both.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

• Staff
15 hours ago, thomaso said:

Like for OldBruce also to me the combi of Cmd + Spacebar causes a switch to the macOS finder for a search (regardless of the additional option key).

You have to press the spacebar key first (to switch to the View Tool temporarily) and then cmd to enter zoom mode within the View Tool.

1 minute ago, MEB said:

To zoom in you only have to press cmd + space bar.

I may be misunderstanding you, but the cmd + space bar is the default key command for Spotlight search, and it takes precedent even from within Publisher. Similarly, holding command and spacebar invokes Siri.

• Staff

F+C,
You are running quite a few menu utilities which may be interfering with the shortcuts too. Can you try to turn them off and check again? Or create a new user account and check if you can reproduce the issue in the new user account please. I'm not saying there isn't a problem, just want to take those things out of the equation before digging further...