You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

What to tick in PDF Option so it will stay as it intended appearance after open it?

Hey guys, I see there’s 2 options:

favor editable text over fidelity

geoup Linda of texts into text frames

should I tick them? I’m not pro st this, I received pdf template to place my cover into and then need to export as pdf x1a, should I tick them or not? I just want to keep things in places they should be and not mess around.

also, what will the estimate do if I set that to both DPI and Color Space? Will the algorithm messed and set wrong setting for these?

There is no PDF pass through in Publisher so you have be very careful here. I would Open the PDF file in Publisher before you Place it. That will tell you if there are missing fonts. If there are no missing fonts I would probably not tick those 2 boxes when you come tp placing the file (assuming you don't want to change anything). It might be an idea to print out the PDF file to a postscript printer so you have a good idea of what it should look like. If there are missing fonts you would need to convert the fonts in the PDF to curves before you Place it. There are various software ways of doing this but I don't know of any free ones.

Windows 10 Pro, I5 3.3G PC 16G RAM