You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

The file includes features from a later version

Hello forum,

I am evaluating Affinity Publisher and made a document of one page with an image and some textboxes. I exported is to a PDF-file and saved it as afpub-file. When I wanted to change something in a texbox I got a message the file had to be closed (I do not remember the exact message I am afraid). After that when I wanted to open the file again I get a messagebox with the filename and the message: The file indudes features from a later version of Affinity.

This is the first time I ever used Affinity publisher, I have not worked with any earlier version. The document was just made with the version I downloaded (I checked and it is the latest stable version). How can it be there are features of a later version in this file. And most important, is it possible to correct the file so I can open it again?

I do not know if it is important, but the file was also not there anymore under recent files.

I am working on Windows 10.

Hi Pauls, 

I sent you a private message because I am not sure I can share the file on a public forum.

The version of publisher I have installed is 1.8.2.620.

I do not know if it is important, but I see I did not mention it in my first post. I edited the image in the file through Studiolink in Affinity Photo. The version of Affinity Photo I use is also 1.8.2.620.