You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Product keys for first two products bought not in my account

I thought it had been a while since I'd seen a new version of Designer and Photo. Turns out both apps do not show an update available when I open the apps.

So I just now searched the forums and found the new versions. To discover only one product key is in my account page here, the key for Publisher. Can you help please, I can't open the updates without the keys.

Thanks.

What OS do you use, @weblackey, and where did you purchase Designer and Photo? And roughly when.

If you purchased from the Mac App Store, or the Microsoft Store, you would get your updates from that store, not from Serif directly.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Hi Walt.

I am using MacOS 10.12.6. As to when I purchased Designer and Photo, I can't say exactly as I can't find receipt emails for them, which is not usual for me, I *always* save those. To the best of my recollection, both were purchased not too long after they were released.

Is there a way to see the key activating my copy of Photo? I already overwrote the original copy of Designer with the update. If I didn't have keys that I purchased, I couldn't have been able to open them after a certain time, right?

All that shows on my Orders page on the Affinity site is Publisher (and the free typeface). I do have the receipt email for the Designer Workbook, which I purchased on 12/4/2016, that does not show on the Orders page either.

Hope you can help, this is crazy making.

39 minutes ago, weblackey said:

I've checked those locations earlier

Could you have been using a different Apple ID at the time of purchase? :/

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

I never(!) encountered the situation, that an updated app wasn’t listed in the AppStore – and I use this store from day one.

If you don’t manage to update via store, and you are sure, that you are logged in with the same Apple-ID, which you used for purchasing the app, simply delete the app and re-load it.

Alfred, you guessed correctly.

Years ago I split my Apple account logins, and forgot to check the old one. And there they are! I usually buy applications from the developer site if available. I wonder if there's a way to merge the two lists into one... that's a question for another site ;-)

Thanks everyone, I feel pretty foolish! Stay safe and sound. Going to use my newfound downtime to get down to really learn the Affinity applications, I admit to defaulting to my Creative Suite 6.5 apps when in the thick of things. But those won't work much longer, some of it is 32 bit, some 64 bit. Go figure...