You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

rotating, scaling selected nodes

Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere, I couldn't find it... 

... has there been any progress on the ability to scale or rotate 2 or more nodes. I only see the object having the ability to be scaled or rotated.  I'm currently working on something (see attached) where I'd like to rotate a bunch of selected nodes on a letterform... and after searching in the app I can't see how to go about doing this. I'm hoping I've just overlooked it and it's there somewhere.

post-305-0-09123500-1410840761_thumb.jpg

• Staff

Hi,

Take a look at the the Transform page when you're in the Node Tool - it's reflecting information about the currently selected node(s) - try selecting just one node and notice it no longer shows width/height but you can type in its location, then try selecting a number of nodes and notice you can adjust width/height about the anchor point shown in the anchor control

We'll revisit this properly as soon as we've got user-definable rotation centres working, but hopefully this is enough to enable you to get on a bit more efficiently :)

Thanks,

Matt

Hi Matt, thanks, yeah I tried that but it's too cumbersome and it doesn't rotate. Inputting numbers in a box to move nodes around might be ideal for some operations but it isn't for what I'm needing. Up and down arrows would help the transform panel to edit in clickable increments...That said, user definable scale and rotation is sorely missed. Currently, "move" works great on nodes, we just need to be able rotate and scale them...  :)