You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I can't answer your question, but having the post title "John" is not going to direct many people to try and help!

Perhaps something more descriptive like "Duplicate icons after update to v1.8"?

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro

I think that this is a foible of the Operating System and not Affinity. You will find that the old and new icons both link to the same (updated) version, so you can delete one.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

5 hours ago, John Hall said:

I have just updated affinity designer, affinity publisher and affinity photo on my MacBook Air and for some reason it’s added three more icons of the same software. Why did this happen?

More icons where? I keep my applications in the default Application folder and have never had a problem. Did you update from the Mac App Store or from the Affinity site?

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Oh. I've used Macs for decades and Launchpad is something I don't use (with a passion). If either opens the correct application then feel free to delete them from there, they are just a type of shortcut.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

11 hours ago, Old Bruce said:

Oh. I've used Macs for decades and Launchpad is something I don't use (with a passion). If either opens the correct application then feel free to delete them from there, they are just a type of shortcut.

I don't normally use Launchpad either, but when I just tried it, I did not see any obvious way to delete anything from it.

That said, I wonder if there are in fact two copies of each of the apps on the OP's system, one each in the default location at the root level of the Applications folder, & 3 of them somewhere else, like in a subfolder of the Applications folder or maybe in the per user Applications folder (if there is one).

I'm not sure how that could happen but a Finder search on "Affinity," set to sort the results by filetype might reveal something useful.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

11 hours ago, R C-R said:

I don't normally use Launchpad either, but when I just tried it, I did not see any obvious way to delete anything from it.

In LaunchPad, hold down the option (aka "alt") key.  All icons will wiggle for as long as the key is held down.  Apps which have been purchased from Apple's Mac App Store will have a small circle with an x in the middle at the top left.  This can be clicked to delete/uninstall the Mac App Store apps.  It's probably the only thing I ever use LaunchPad for.

Independently sourced apps have no (x) and must be deleted in a different manner.

—— Gary ——

Photo/Designer/Publisher: Affinity Store, v2.4.n release

Mac mini (M1, 2020), 16GB/2TB, macOS Ventura 13.4.1(c) • MacBook Pro (Intel), macOS Ventura • Windows 10 via VMware Fusion • iOS: current release