You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Tear and Heart tools disappear off screen in iPad Zoom mode - Affinity Photo 1.8.2

iPad 12.9” 3rd Generation

Display mode: Zoomed (under iOS settings Display & Brightness/View/Zoomed)

Affinity Photo ver 1.8.2.174

Choosing the rectangular tool option to select other shapes (Ellipse, Heart, Tear, etc), the tear option is cut off, and the heart option is off screen. I am not able to scroll down to select them. (Photo attached below).

D9490A2A-76E3-423F-AA2F-068F2A001C9C.thumb.png.efb689954efe3e80e7bc86da9a38ad87.png

However this is not a problem when using the iPad in standard view mode (Photo attached below).

CD53EB17-5DDB-4B1D-BF3C-C21ED1845E75.thumb.png.5d3d912e9a7b7c68738fecbd80ac1a50.png

I’ve always used my iPad in Zoomed mode and never had an issue with previous versions of Affinity Photo. 

Hopefully it’s user error on my end and if so please advise how to fix. If not I hope a fix will be out soon.

Thank you.

18 hours ago, Chris B said:

Hey Kiwi in Kyushu,

Additional shapes were added which is why this issue has come about. I will put an improvement request in with the developers to see if we can come up with a solution. Thank you. 

Thanks Chris B, 

I didn’t noticed the additional shapes. More shapes are always welcome. Hopefully we can scroll up and down or make another column for the extra shapes.

2 hours ago, Chris B said:

You have to mess about with the zoom. You should be able to increase it in the iPad settings (I found it under Accessibility) and change how much it zooms, then three-finger tap and drag.

Not sure if this is for me or DM1,

I use the zoomed mode as default

512682323_1.Zoomed.thumb.jpg.88dc81ecb7875b8e4374df50964587e4.jpg

and only switch back to standard for the couple of games that haven’t been updated to support it (Baldur’s Gate, Icewind Dale)

136511172_2.Standard.thumb.jpg.4560037078cf4e704580a5a43cf6108c.jpg

I tried the three finger tap to switch to the magnifying zoom option but it doesn’t really work for me as I need the whole screen zoomed and not just highlighted sections.

2083805766_3.Magnifying.thumb.jpg.f9399f8e6419e17b7139ef94a26aa883.jpg

In the meantime I can switch back to standard mode if I need the teardrop or the heart (very useful for creating SVG files to use in uMake 3D CAD app).

Kiwi

49 minutes ago, Chris B said:

Oh weird, I can't see the same zoom setting in Display & Brightness--what am I missing? Either way, I reproduced it with the other setting to the same effect. 

Hi,

I’m using iOS 12.4.1 on an iPad Pro 12.9” 

I think this feature is only available on the iPhone 6plus, 7plus, 8plus, and iPad Pro 12.9” (1st, 2nd and 3rd gens).

260340278_4.DisplayBrightness.thumb.jpg.978e360d1689a76a42d20dbdd795bda6.jpg

If the option doesn’t show up here then I think it isn’t supported on that device.

Edited by Kiwi in Kyushu
Adding more information about display zoom mode

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Just an update, 

version 1.8.4 still has the issue. No biggie as I haven’t used it much since I first discovered the issue. Guessing I’m probably the only one with the issue due to my usage of the 12.9” iPad in zoom mode (makes text and icons bigger which helps with aging eyes, by having less eye strain).

I did come across another issue, but think it’s related to iOS and raw files than Affinity photo (no issues on a Mac) I’ll make a new post for that.

Anyways still loving Affinity photo on the iPad and use it almost everyday!

• 6 months later...