Sign in to follow this  
AndrewF

Can't set Source for Clone/Heal brush

I see older (and closed posts about this) but none of them shine any light on my problem.

When using any of the tools that require a source point (clone, heal, etc) I am unable to set the source. I depress the alt/option key and the cursor changes to the cross hair. I then click and the course is NOT set. Not marker shows up on the image. Attemting to use the tool then results in the modal dialog admonishing me to alt-click to set a source before starting.

I'm working in a layer with a mask. I have the layer NOT the mask selected and to test I've disabled (unchecked) all other layers (including the mask on the layer in question).

This has worked at least one for me previously. Not sure what changed or what is preventing it from working now. Seems like a bug but maybe there is something inobvious (i.e. a UI design bug) I need to do to make it work beyond just alt clicking?

I see this is an old post , but I too have the same problem, I can't get the healing brush to work despite clicking option key.

If anyone can shed any light on how to fix this then I'd be most grateful!