Jump to content
StuartRc

Project Brush Set 13/15: Textured Pencils and Ink Sketch Brushes

Recommended Posts

Textured Pencils
Added a set of 30 Textured Pencil Raster Brushes to Resources
Sample set as displayed

These Brushes are a bit different from my usual offering.
1. They are small
2. Rely largely on setting the blend mode to Average (something I learnt from Sketchbook Pro!)
3. Resize as you wish
4. Brush test here

Enjoy!

Project Brush Textured Pencils@0.5x.jpg

Project Brush - Textured Pencil.zip

Ink Sketch Brushes
Added a new set to supplement these brushes from the Project Brush 13:Ink Painter Set  (which is now complete)..a bit out of sync as I started them quite a while ago!

A set of 35 Ink Sketching Raster Brushes to Resources
Sample set as displayed
1. These are essentially the same as the Pencil Brushes but with adjustments to the brush dynamics and less texture..There are 2 other sets that supplement these in the InkPainter Project set (Ink & Linear)
2. Similar to brushes produced by Jake Parker for initial Inktober Project 2016
3. If you need textures/Patterns There is a set available Camouflage assets (here) ...which is also out of sync...and maybe in the wrong place!

 

InkPainter_Sketching@0.5x.jpg

inkPainter - Sketching.zip


AD 1.8.3.641 + Beta AD 1.8.3.641 | APh 1.8.3.641 + Beta AP 1.8.4.650
APu 1.8.4.650 +Beta Apu 1.8.4.651

OS:Windows 10 Pro 2004 OS Build 19041.264
Rig:AMD FX 8350 and AMD Radeon (R9 380 Series) Settings Version 20.5.1 
Radeon Settings Version 2020
20.1.03) + Wacom Intuous 4M with driver 6.3.39-1

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@StuartRc I must be doing something wrong, but I have tried several times and failed to make these lovely pencil brushes install.  Any ideas?

1224626052_ScreenShot2020-03-21at1_29_10PM.thumb.png.c09d503d69f649be6d6e4afd240c0066.png


21.5 iMAC Retina 4K display. MacOS Sierra v. 10.12.6 (which I am not changing).  3.1 GHz quad-core Intel Core i5, Turbo Boost up to 3.6 GHz.  Memory 8 GB 1867 MHz LPDDR3.  1TB Fusion Drive.  Intel Iris Pro Graphics 6200 1536 MB.   iPad Pro 12.9, iOS v. 12.3.1, Apple Pencil.  Affinity Publisher 1.8.3, Affinity Photo 1.8.3, Affinity Designer 1.8.3 

Magic mouse.9_9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jmwellborn said:

@StuartRc I must be doing something wrong, but I have tried several times and failed to make these lovely pencil brushes install.  Any ideas?

1224626052_ScreenShot2020-03-21at1_29_10PM.thumb.png.c09d503d69f649be6d6e4afd240c0066.png

Oh Dear!...I just did  a test by downloading the link..unzipping and installing..worked first time...Unfortunately I don't have a mac to test..I will email them to you 2 secs


AD 1.8.3.641 + Beta AD 1.8.3.641 | APh 1.8.3.641 + Beta AP 1.8.4.650
APu 1.8.4.650 +Beta Apu 1.8.4.651

OS:Windows 10 Pro 2004 OS Build 19041.264
Rig:AMD FX 8350 and AMD Radeon (R9 380 Series) Settings Version 20.5.1 
Radeon Settings Version 2020
20.1.03) + Wacom Intuous 4M with driver 6.3.39-1

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@StuartRc Thank you.  I will look for the email.

 


21.5 iMAC Retina 4K display. MacOS Sierra v. 10.12.6 (which I am not changing).  3.1 GHz quad-core Intel Core i5, Turbo Boost up to 3.6 GHz.  Memory 8 GB 1867 MHz LPDDR3.  1TB Fusion Drive.  Intel Iris Pro Graphics 6200 1536 MB.   iPad Pro 12.9, iOS v. 12.3.1, Apple Pencil.  Affinity Publisher 1.8.3, Affinity Photo 1.8.3, Affinity Designer 1.8.3 

Magic mouse.9_9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jmwellborn said:

@StuartRc Thank you.  I will look for the email.

 

Pleased that you now have them:)


AD 1.8.3.641 + Beta AD 1.8.3.641 | APh 1.8.3.641 + Beta AP 1.8.4.650
APu 1.8.4.650 +Beta Apu 1.8.4.651

OS:Windows 10 Pro 2004 OS Build 19041.264
Rig:AMD FX 8350 and AMD Radeon (R9 380 Series) Settings Version 20.5.1 
Radeon Settings Version 2020
20.1.03) + Wacom Intuous 4M with driver 6.3.39-1

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Installed and ready to use....more fantastic brushes to try.  Thanks StuartRc!!   Maybe this home quarantine will be a little less boring as I give these  a workout.  Sincerely appreciate your generosity!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, thisldo said:

Installed and ready to use....more fantastic brushes to try.  Thanks StuartRc!!   Maybe this home quarantine will be a little less boring as I give these  a workout.  Sincerely appreciate your generosity!

Pleased they installed ok...and yes give them a workout...look forward to seeing what you achieve with them... 


AD 1.8.3.641 + Beta AD 1.8.3.641 | APh 1.8.3.641 + Beta AP 1.8.4.650
APu 1.8.4.650 +Beta Apu 1.8.4.651

OS:Windows 10 Pro 2004 OS Build 19041.264
Rig:AMD FX 8350 and AMD Radeon (R9 380 Series) Settings Version 20.5.1 
Radeon Settings Version 2020
20.1.03) + Wacom Intuous 4M with driver 6.3.39-1

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/21/2020 at 5:02 PM, StuartRc said:

Textured Pencils
Added a set of 30 Textured Pencil Raster Brushes to Resources
Sample set as displayed

These Brushes are a bit different from my usual offering.
1. They are small
2. Rely largely on setting the blend mode to Average (something I learnt from Sketchbook Pro!)
3. Resize as you wish
4. Brush test here

Enjoy!

Project Brush Textured Pencils@0.5x.jpg

Project Brush - Textured Pencil.zip 280.41 kB · 87 downloads

Thanks for sharing. May I know about its license?


Linktree | Freebies

Affinity Photo 1.8.3.641 | Affinity Designer 1.8.3.641
Windows 10 Home (64 bit) Version 1909

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, malayali said:

Thanks for sharing. May I know about its license?

Hi,
I created the brushes for people to use..I hope you can find them useful! :)..The ones released to the forum are free..but they do not represent the full library...I have not decided what to do with it yet!.
There is sort of a full list... here if you need anything else!

It is not finished yet...still working on some sections (inkPainter) and updating some of the older sets to new brush engine..and trying to improve them at the same time...

I created this set primarily for sketching with the dynamics set to mimic pencils...Personally I like this set and using it a lot at the moment!..and finding the new 1.8.2 versions much smoother and faster even with Windows Ink off!..

There is another version which I use for inking ..same nozzles but with different dynamics....


AD 1.8.3.641 + Beta AD 1.8.3.641 | APh 1.8.3.641 + Beta AP 1.8.4.650
APu 1.8.4.650 +Beta Apu 1.8.4.651

OS:Windows 10 Pro 2004 OS Build 19041.264
Rig:AMD FX 8350 and AMD Radeon (R9 380 Series) Settings Version 20.5.1 
Radeon Settings Version 2020
20.1.03) + Wacom Intuous 4M with driver 6.3.39-1

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, StuartRc said:

Hi,
I created the brushes for people to use..I hope you can find them useful! :)..The ones released to the forum are free..but they do not represent the full library...I have not decided what to do with it yet!.
There is sort of a full list... here if you need anything else!

It is not finished yet...still working on some sections (inkPainter) and updating some of the older sets to new brush engine..and trying to improve them at the same time...

I created this set primarily for sketching with the dynamics set to mimic pencils...Personally I like this set and using it a lot at the moment!..and finding the new 1.8.2 versions much smoother and faster even with Windows Ink off!..

There is another version which I use for inking ..same nozzles but with different dynamics....

Hope they can be used for commercial purposes too.


Linktree | Freebies

Affinity Photo 1.8.3.641 | Affinity Designer 1.8.3.641
Windows 10 Home (64 bit) Version 1909

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, malayali said:

Hope they can be used for commercial uses too.

Hi, 

As I quoted 'they are free'...but not for people to sell!


AD 1.8.3.641 + Beta AD 1.8.3.641 | APh 1.8.3.641 + Beta AP 1.8.4.650
APu 1.8.4.650 +Beta Apu 1.8.4.651

OS:Windows 10 Pro 2004 OS Build 19041.264
Rig:AMD FX 8350 and AMD Radeon (R9 380 Series) Settings Version 20.5.1 
Radeon Settings Version 2020
20.1.03) + Wacom Intuous 4M with driver 6.3.39-1

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, StuartRc said:

Hi, 

As I quoted 'they are free'...but not for people to sell!

Nope, I mean can I use them on artwork that would be used commercially? Not selling brushes. 

I'd appreciate if you clearly mention the license info in the post. 🙂


Linktree | Freebies

Affinity Photo 1.8.3.641 | Affinity Designer 1.8.3.641
Windows 10 Home (64 bit) Version 1909

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, malayali said:

Nope, I mean can I use them on artwork that would be used commercially? Not selling brushes. 

I'd appreciate if you clearly mention the license info in the post. 🙂

I don't see there is an issue..as they are 'tools' I would expect them to be used to create artwork....and modified accordingly..as I have stated.. I hope you put them to good use...


AD 1.8.3.641 + Beta AD 1.8.3.641 | APh 1.8.3.641 + Beta AP 1.8.4.650
APu 1.8.4.650 +Beta Apu 1.8.4.651

OS:Windows 10 Pro 2004 OS Build 19041.264
Rig:AMD FX 8350 and AMD Radeon (R9 380 Series) Settings Version 20.5.1 
Radeon Settings Version 2020
20.1.03) + Wacom Intuous 4M with driver 6.3.39-1

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Added a new set of brushes for inking from the new Project Brush Set: InkPainter


AD 1.8.3.641 + Beta AD 1.8.3.641 | APh 1.8.3.641 + Beta AP 1.8.4.650
APu 1.8.4.650 +Beta Apu 1.8.4.651

OS:Windows 10 Pro 2004 OS Build 19041.264
Rig:AMD FX 8350 and AMD Radeon (R9 380 Series) Settings Version 20.5.1 
Radeon Settings Version 2020
20.1.03) + Wacom Intuous 4M with driver 6.3.39-1

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Please note the Annual Company Closure section in the Terms of Use. These are the Terms of Use you will be asked to agree to if you join the forum. | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.