You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Icons tiny on my 9.7" iPad

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/23/2020 at 11:50 PM, Lee D said:

The iPad apps don't have any options to change the icon size or adjust the text appearance, sorry. I believe that some UI options have previously been requested, it may also be worth posting in the Feature Request section.

I have a 10.2" iPad and wondering whether the tool icons will appear larger on a 12.9" iPad Pro? I'm finding the tool icons too small to see properly / quickly.

1 hour ago, KiwiDrawer said:

I'm finding the tool icons too small to see properly / quickly.

I have the same problem (old eyes/small icons). My workaround is to tap the ? in corner to bring up icon names. Not ideal but it helps me. It’s also better with brightness of screen turned up but I find that makes for sore eyes so struggle with the dimmer screen.

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

I Agree tool icons way too small. I am on a 27" iMac, and I still have to strain my eyes to see them properly.  It is better when you are setting up your tools they are larger and in color, but as soon as you are finished everything turns grey and shrinks.  It would be great if we had the option to enlarge and I loved them in color also!!!!!!

2 hours ago, feldeee said:

I Agree tool icons way too small. I am on a 27" iMac, and I still have to strain my eyes to see them properly.  It is better when you are setting up your tools they are larger and in color, but as soon as you are finished everything turns grey and shrinks.  It would be great if we had the option to enlarge and I loved them in color also!!!!!!

Thanks Feldeee. (BTW - On a Mac they will be in colour once you open or create a new document. I've attached a screenshot.) They grey out when there's nothing open.

The problem I'm having is with the iPad screen, the tools are just too small for me to see the tool icons properly.

Affinity_Desktop_Tool_icons.png

2 minutes ago, KiwiDrawer said:

Thanks Feldeee. (BTW - On a Mac they will be in colour once you open or create a new document. I've attached a screenshot.) They grey out when there's nothing open.

The problem I'm having is with the iPad screen, the tools are just too small for me to see the tool icons properly.

There's also a tick box to turn on / off monochromatic iconography, see 6th item down on the bottom panel of this screen shot.

Screen Shot 2020-04-24 at 12.49.29 PM.png