You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

3 day free AP landscape course at Udemy

Serif have announced that because of this wretched virus, they are generously making their software more available. I think it would be an idea for me to follow their example. If we can't get out and enjoy our countryside we can at least develop the photos we have taken of it. For the next 3 days until 24 March, 3:36am PDT the following course is free. Click on the link below and enter FREELANDSCAPES in the coupon field to get $59.99 off the price. That is to say,  It's free. $0.00.

Affinity Photo: Developing Landscapes

Hopefully this will give you something to do if you are stuck indoors. Thanks for your time.

Stay safe and stay healthy,

Simon

I had problem with the link in chrome on windows 10 so went to the Udemy website and searched and found it with this link https://www.udemy.com/course/affinity-photo-developing-landscapes/ 

The process was very slow but got there using the coupon and watched the first two videos that played without any lag. Very interesting techniques. Many thanks Drippy Cat

Alan Pickup

Windows 11 Home all Affinity suite of Apps PC and Gigabyte Laptop 16gb Ram and Nvidia GTX1660 Super on each.

I have five of your cources.  I was able to log on, apply coupon; however, when I try to checkout I get error notice:  

Checkout

We couldn't complete this purchase. Please try again.

Your cart is free!

Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS,iPad Pro iPadOS

Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection 

That is odd. I logged onto the site myself under the name (& permission) of a friend. I found the course to be advertised as free and all you had to do was click on the Enroll button. I've also tried clicking on that link in my post above without being logged on to Udemy. I entered FREELANDSCAPES into the Apply Coupon field and the price changed to Free. Do either of these methods work?

2 hours ago, Cecil said:

I have five of your cources.  I was able to log on, apply coupon; however, when I try to checkout I get error notice:  

Checkout

We couldn't complete this purchase. Please try again.

Your cart is free!

I received the above error notice on iPad Pro multiple times.  I logged out of my account and logged in account iMac, worked first attempt.  Both using Safari, so don't know if fix was applied between iPad and iMac attempt.  Thank you Simon, very much appreciated as the walls were beginning to look as if they needed painting, totally unnecessary. 

Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS,iPad Pro iPadOS

Hi Cecil. I'm glad it finally worked out for you. I know that using Safari on an iPad has been a bit of a PITA when dealing with Udemy, but I thought they'd sorted it out. Apparently not but the important thing is that you get free access.

So, 6 courses by now? You must be sick of the sound of my voice!

Simon

1 hour ago, drippy cat said:

Hi Cecil. I'm glad it finally worked out for you. I know that using Safari on an iPad has been a bit of a PITA when dealing with Udemy, but I thought they'd sorted it out. Apparently not but the important thing is that you get free access.

So, 6 courses by now? You must be sick of the sound of my voice!

Simon

Simon not really, but you do talk very fast for this oldie to keep up at times.  The iPad Pro has no problems displaying your courses.  This  was the first time I had to go to iMac.  Again, thank you.

Cecil 

2 hours ago, drippy cat said:

I'm sorry Cecil! I do. try and keep my voice slower but sometimes I do get a bit excited about whatever it is I'm talking about.

If it's any consolation I'm typing very slowly right now.

Simon

S     0         A       M        I        L      O       L

Cecil 

18 minutes ago, drippy cat said:

SOAMILOL? Is that the name of the vaccine the politicians are promising us?

Absolutely not, it’s my stylus moving the color picker on step one, as you describe duplicating layers and grouping them in step six.   

Cecil 

4 minutes ago, drippy cat said:

Oh! I didn't realise anyone took any notice of what I said in those videos.

I noticed when trying to rate the course, painting in the first star, I am not able to paint in the second star, bug I suspect and page prevents user total experience painting all five stars and selecting their choice of color. 😥

Cecil 

22 hours ago, Cecil said:

I received the above error notice on iPad Pro multiple times.  I logged out of my account and logged in account iMac, worked first attempt.  Both using Safari, so don't know if fix was applied between iPad and iMac attempt.

I’ve just enrolled (thanks, Simon!) via Safari on my iPad Air 2, so if there was a general problem with Safari on iPad it must have been fixed since yesterday.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

49 minutes ago, Cecil said:

I noticed when trying to rate the course, painting in the first star, I am not able to paint in the second star, bug I suspect and page prevents user total experience painting all five stars and selecting their choice of color. 😥

I hope they fix that! Reviews are the life blood of the courses.

24 minutes ago, Alfred said:

I’ve just enrolled (thanks, Simon!) via Safari on my iPad Air 2, so if there was a general problem with Safari on iPad it must have been fixed since yesterday.

Hi Alfred. I think there's sometimes a problem unless it be 'twixt Micklemas and Lent, and 3 carrion crows fly westwards to the sea. Or something else equally random. I'm just glad you got it.

On 3/21/2020 at 5:07 AM, drippy cat said:

For the next 3 days until 24 March, 3:36am PDT the following course is free. Click on the link below and enter FREELANDSCAPES in the coupon field to get $59.99 off the price. That is to say,  It's free. $0.00.

Affinity Photo: Developing Landscapes

Thank you for your generosity!

Windows 11 Pro, XP-Pen Deco 03, AP, AD & APub