You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

We want to help

Ash

• Staff
6 hours ago, simon_says said:

I'd like to clarify: can I start by downloading the 90-day trial and later upgrade by purchasing the 50% discount version or do I have to decide between the two options?

You can start the 90 day trial, but then buy it while the sale is still on to get 50% off. The trial version is the full purchase version, it just needs a purchase product key applying to stop the trial countdown.

Currently the 50% off sale end date is the 20th April. So I cannot guarantee that at the end of your 90 day trial we will still have this generous offer available. I expect you would be sent communication by our marketing team as to how best to buy the software towards the end of the trial, but right now you do get (just under) 4 weeks to try it before the 20th April and that date may be extended, but I do not know that at the moment. Sorry I cannot be clearer at this time.

<Edit> I see Ash has answered before me to this effect </Edit>

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Hi Ash and all at Affinity (serif)

I read your email to me this morning regarding the discounts and the 50% discounts - WOW. A genuine, fantastic offer of help over! You set a mark - i hope you have followers. I really don't need Publisher, I've got already Designer and Photo. First one i use often , it is my new CorelDraw, thanks! Photo i dicided to bay, mostly to support your project. Now i bought publisher to show your idea of helping the creatives around the is great! .. and: Let's make Serif graet!

Best wishes to all "Affinities" from Germany!

Kai

thanks for the great offer! I jumped for it and downloaded publisher and designer (as I "own" photos already). now I opended the programs the 2nd time, but they asked for the product key again. Using the same key says it didn´t match and won´t open. my fault??

Hi Ash

I am at the starting level with Affinity, learning and like it. Also I want to purchase Affinity Photo for my remote photo friend in Russia as a gift.  I have sent the question how  it should be done to Serif.

How long would it take for Serif to review and reply? Assume that you as a moderator seen the same before.

Thank you.

Leo

13 hours ago, nucleonbge said:

Hi Ash

I am at the starting level with Affinity, learning and like it. Also I want to purchase Affinity Photo for my remote photo friend in Russia as a gift.  I have sent the question how  it should be done to Serif.

How long would it take for Serif to review and reply? Assume that you as a moderator seen the same before.

Thank you.

Leo

Since all of the Affinity personnel are working from home, they may be a bit slow to get to all of the questions on these Forums.   Perhaps you could email them, and ask for help sorting this out.   Here is what they say re Customer Support:

"To contact our Customer Service Team online, Affinity customers can email affinity@serif.com."

Hope this helps.   I am sure your remote friend would be really delighted with the gift!!

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

• Staff

@JochenU

Welcome to the Serif affinity forums :) 

On 3/25/2020 at 2:06 AM, JochenU said:

thanks for the great offer! I jumped for it and downloaded publisher and designer (as I "own" photos already). now I opened the programs the 2nd time, but they asked for the product key again. Using the same key says it didn´t match and won´t open. my fault??

Once you have used the key once then subsequent times during the 90 day trial you just use the Continue Trial option at the bottom. Do not enter the key every time you start the trial, just once. It's asking for a product key when you start in case you have now bought the software, THEN you would type it in, but not the same 90 day trial key again

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

What an amazing move! 

I just purchased Publisher. The initiative (the whole thing) for helping creatives in this moment has left me speechless. Didn't see that one coming. Kudos!

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

Hi and thanks for this very generous offer for products which are already fantastic value for money.

I've seen a comment in a fb group tonight that suggests the discount doesn't include future major updates and only includes minor updates.

I suspect this to be complete nonsense, but is there someone here that can clarify this so that I can correct the person that commented? 

• Staff

@haedworm

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :) 

The comments are both right and wrong, so you need to understand that Serif is an unusual company, who have been selling Affinity software for 5 years and have not yet charged for an update. We started selling Affinity Designer 1.3 and then Affinity Photo 1.3 and have subsequently added new features (and fixes) in 1.4, 1.5, 1.6, 1.7 and now 1.8 all as free updates. Anyone who has so far bought into Serif Affinity has only paid once per operating system. However at some point we will stop developing version 1 and start developing and then selling version 2.0. At that point you will have a choice whether to buy into version 2 (and it's subsequent free updates to 2.1, 2.2 etc) or stick with the (still working) version 1. That update from 1.x to 2.0 will not be automatic and so is optional. The semantics of Major and Minor and Build numbers are discussed here, and this good news thread is not the place for a detailed discussion on semantics of names for versions. Suffice to say we are still updating version 1.8 with fixes, indeed there may be a patch as soon as next week.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

• Staff

@Lukeoskar

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :) 

This thread is not the best place to help find the problem you are having. Please can you create a support thread in the iPad Questions forum, thank you.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

Haven't picked up Publisher yet but this looks like as good of a time as any. I've really been enjoying the updates.

Microsoft Windows 10 Home (Build 19045)
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8Ghz (-30 all core +200mhz PBO); Mobo: Asus X470 Prime Pro
32GB DDR4 (3600Mhz); EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 3080 X3C Ultra 12GB
Monitor 1 4K @ 125% due to a bug
Monitor 2 4K @ 150%
Monitor 3 (as needed) 1080p @ 100%

WACOM Intuos4 Large; X-rite i1Display Pro; NIKON D5600 DSLR

30 minutes ago, JohnChr said:

Hi, i'm already trying the Designer, it is possible to try the Photo too?

Yes. Just go to https://affinity.store and sign up for it, like you did for Designer.

Edit: See my next post, below.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

15 minutes ago, JohnChr said:

Humm, not functioning. I got: You’ve already signed up for the trial using this email address.

Sorry; my mistake. One signup gets you the product keys for all 3 in one email, and the download link in that email gets you to a page where you can download all 3 products.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

33 minutes ago, JohnChr said:

On my account, in the Downloads & product keys, only Designer trial shows up. Maybe i discarded the Photo and Publisher at the very beginning?

Probably you didn't download them. Go back to the email you received with the product codes and download link.

-- Walt
PC:

• Staff

Walt is correct, these are not "added" to your account and are driven through the product key email.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd