Jump to content
mar9

PSD Smart Object import?

Recommended Posts

I think distortion is not yet supported on SmartObject import.
Actually "Warp" function similar to PS is not yet available in Affinity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/20/2020 at 6:27 AM, ashf said:

I think distortion is not yet supported on SmartObject import.
Actually "Warp" function similar to PS is not yet available in Affinity.

What kind of Warp function is not present in Affinity Photo compair to Photoshop?

What’s wrong with Mesh Warp in filter section in Affinity Photo?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ErrkaPetti said:

What kind of Warp function is not present in Affinity Photo compair to Photoshop?

What’s wrong with Mesh Warp in filter section in Affinity Photo?

Warp(of Transform) on Smart Object and Warp Text on Text object will be ignored when a psd is imported to Affinity.
Photoshop has vector based warp but only raster based. that might be related.
Also there is no feature similar to Warp Text in Affinity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ErrkaPettiOne more thing I noticed is that Affinity rasterize vector objects and embedded documents after applied Mesh Warp to them.
So mock-up templates that have Warp on smart objects can't be imported as is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ashf said:

@ErrkaPettiOne more thing I noticed is that Affinity rasterize vector objects and embedded documents after applied Mesh Warp to them.
So mock-up templates that have Warp on smart objects can't be imported as is.

Okidoki!

Yeah, Affinity suite (Photo/Designer/Publisher) hasn’t all the functionality of the giant Adobe CC, that’s clear, but, in the end, Affinity Suite can do a lot, although with some workarounds...

I’m very pleased with Affinity, but certainly like to have a few more core functions in Designer and Photo...

Just now I’m dreaming of the day I can run Affinity Publisher on my newest iPad Pro (12.9” 2020), and, can run it with both fingers and pencil, and, mouse & external keyboard with my iPad connected to my 4K external monitor...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Please note the Annual Company Closure section in the Terms of Use. These are the Terms of Use you will be asked to agree to if you join the forum. | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.