You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Brush texture adjustments in Photo

I did not see any fine adjustments to the brush texture in Photo. There is little customization. No texture size, contrast, brightness, mode settings. I hope to use Photo mostly for digital illustrations. As an alternative to Photoshop. It also cannot copy the texture properties of the Photoshop brushes. it just copies the brush shape. I still want to keep trying. I love Afiinity apps and I hope this feature will be added in the future. Good luck with. thank you for the great apps :)

(Google Translate translation)

That is a +1 from me! Adding a few simple texture options could really make a big difference! Especially pressure curve related things - think of a brush on a linen canvas. If you press soft, the color is on top, if you press harder, the pigment gets deeper into the canvas.

8 hours ago, TheFlow said:

Bu benden bir +1! Birkaç basit doku seçeneği eklemek gerçekten büyük bir fark yaratabilir! Özellikle basınç eğrisi ile ilgili şeyler - keten bir tuval üzerine bir fırça düşünün. Yumuşak basarsanız, renk üstte, daha sert basarsanız, pigment tuvale doğru derinleşir.

Absolutely! Affinity Photo is weak for digital art without these features. I don't know, maybe they are more focused on photo editing than digital art. I hope they will see this and develop the program for digital art as well.

Awaiting ability to import Procreate .brush in AP.

Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS,iPad Pro iPadOS

Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection 

They already kind of develop it for drawing and painting but it seems not to be a huge goal. If I would be Serif, I'd take it dead serious and work together with a few concept artists and illustrators from all fields. For example, as far as I know the Warhammer guys (Games Workshop) are located in the same city Serif is located in (Nottingham). Don't know how practical that would be. But I bet if Serif gives the artists at Games Workshop a few free licenses they would test it out and tell them what they think it needs. Or anyone else who works professionally, really. It is going well with Photo, the development is just not a priority on painting it seems.

16 hours ago, Cecil said:

İçinde üremeye .brush alma olanağı Bekleniyor AP .

Different applications have different brush motors, I think. It may not be possible to directly transfer brushes via Photoshop or Procreate. But if the brushmaking settings are more detailed, we can produce our own brushes. When it transfers Photoshop Brush, it only perceives the brush shape. I am currently using Krita for digital art. Its brush engine is better than Photoshop.

1 hour ago, Pamuk said:

Different applications have different brush motors, I think. It may not be possible to directly transfer brushes via Photoshop or Procreate. But if the brushmaking settings are more detailed, we can produce our own brushes. When it transfers Photoshop Brush, it only perceives the brush shape. I am currently using Krita for digital art. Its brush engine is better than Photoshop.

I use Painter 2019 and Procreate.  Painter brushes are great; however, the cost is very prohibited to acquire many of the new brushes and upgrades to program, very expensive. I doubt I will update.

Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS,iPad Pro iPadOS

Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection