You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

"Move Tool" & "Hand Tool" not functioning properly.

Hi there,

I recently updated my Affinity Photo to v1.8.2.620, after the update every time I use the application, the "Move tool" stops working after some point. It works fine for while but when I switch to different layers and try to transform or resize,  it does nothing. I even made sure my layers were rasterized just to clear my doubt. I have to restart the application to make the tool working back again. 

Please help me with this error since it's really affecting my workflow.

Thank you in advance.

4 hours ago, Chris B said:

Hey DRana,

We are seeing lots of reports like this and so far we haven't reproduced it internally.

Are you using a tablet or do you have one connected? Does it affect both the mouse and pen (if you're using one) when this happens?

I use both mouse and Wacom tablet and it gives me problem on both after some time of use. I use my Wacom tablet via USB cable to avoid any lag or other wireless issue. However even when I use my wireless mouse it still gives me the same problem as it does with my USB connected Wacom tablet. Also want to address that this never happened before until the latest update was installed on my computer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I updated Affinity Publisher in the last week and have found the Move tool also stops working after a while. As DRana  mentions above, I close the document, the app and restart the Mac. Then I do the reverse, open everything, then the Move tool works for a while. When it quits, and I try to select the item again, the blue highlight box has Xs around it which means I'm not able to select the element/text/table to move it around. Before the most recent update, the software was fine without any Move tool glitches. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Edited by AVR
seeking workaround advice

The Move tool is still quitting and stops working when creating a new document and also when reopening an existing document that was created the day before. What is going on here? Is this problem being looked at? Those that uploaded the latest version I'm sure are very frustrated at this glitch in AP. I'm using a Mac.

Edited by AVR
computer used