You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Braun Nizo 136XL Super 8 Camera (AD)

VectorVonDoom

Chiming in as an AD noob, at a glance I initially thought the image was a ref and went instead searching for a link to the actual drawing, itself...lol.

Probably indicates the level of attention when reading a given topic's OP, so indeed - much respect :) I'd also add your texture surfacing (smudge/scratches) applied too the box is what prominently led to wrongly assuming the above which by the way can be a challenge for most to achieve when working with a DCC pipeline and/or workflow.

Cheers.   

I think for me if I do photorealistic I have to either do it properly or not at all. If you instantly know it's a drawing then it's not photorealistic and saying it is when it isn't doesn't change that, it's there in the name. The longer it takes for people to decide the better you have done. Which is why it normally takes a silly number of hours even for something that seems really simple like the box. Breaking it down does take a lot longer than you'd imagine. Of course it could just be that I'm slow. 

Marc

ArtByMarc.me

On 3/24/2020 at 9:17 PM, MattP said:

@VectorVonDoom - I'm building a new 1.8.3 Beta at the moment - let me know if fixes your issues when I release it! (I'm assuming it'll be ready tomorrow)

Interestingly, the iPad version has always worked in the way you're describing, so hopefully adding this to the desktop product shouldn't produce any unexpected hiccups :) (hopefully!)

Was it in yesterday's release? If it was it forgets where it was if you use the pen tool and create an open path (just click 2 points) and then press delete. Then no layer is selected so the next one goes up the top or down the bottom. I end doing that quite a lot if I'm using my macbook , the "new" trackpad's are a bit of a pain compared to the old ones, you have to properly lift your finger or it ends up registering a click (not AD specific).

Marc

ArtByMarc.me

• Staff
8 hours ago, VectorVonDoom said:

Was it in yesterday's release? If it was it forgets where it was if you use the pen tool and create and open path (just click 2 points) and then press delete. Then no layer is selected so the next one goes up the top or down the bottom. 

Yes, it was in the build yesterday. I'll find out why that particular case is acting differently - it's very odd... If you pressed the delete after flicking to the Move Tool it works as expected, so it's obviously just something to do with the delete node command that's issued by the Node Tool. Sorry about that... I'll get there, lol! ;) 

• Staff

Just to add it is specific to 2 node curves - if I create a curve with 3 nodes and hit delete it will keep the selection it in the correct place.

Looking at the behaviour in the application I think the case going wrong is when the shape is removed automatically when it would only be left with one node. With more than three nodes, the last created node is deleted, leaving no other nodes selected, at which point pressing Delete will remove the object, and retain the correct place in the list.

2 hours ago, MattP said:

@VectorVonDoom - give it a try in the 1.8.3.1 Beta - *hopefully* that should be working as expected now! ;)

Thx @MattP much better now.

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.