You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher iPad Sneak Peak

1 hour ago, Dan C said:

Hi @Donald L & @Guoccamolé,

Welcome to the Affinity Forums :)

Unfortunately we don't have any further update currently, though I am certain we will be sure to 'make some noise' here on the fourms when the beta is available so our customers can begin testing it.

I can confirm we were not awaiting the M1 iPad for Affinity Publisher - however we absolutely are looking forward to seeing the speed differences for the Affinity iOS suite!

@Dan C  Thank you for 1) the welcome!-) and 2) lifting the curtain a bit.    I look forward to the beta and release.  The Affinity trifecta looks to be quite a powerhouse on the iPad (especially the new 2021 M1 model).

I was kind of hoping you *were* awaiting the M1 iPad in case that meant Affinity Publisher iPad were just around the corner.  Nevertheless, I shall keep my ears peeled for the beta and hope the beta is swift and successful.

Good health, and thank you again.

Edited by Guoccamolé

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Affinity on iPad is a huge and awesome thing. I don't think I would have bought an iPad 12.9 2021 if there weren't designer, photo and (hope soon) publisher. The software that really changes everything for me is publisher, so I made an act of faith, buying an iPad Pro M1 hoping for the release of Affinity Publisher for iPad.. :) I'm going to follow this topic

Edited by Andrea00

While I would be one of the first to spend a lot of time testing the beta in all things necessary, I don’t think we’ll see a public pre-release beta. Too much leaks possible.

Nonetheless the moment they release Publisher, I’m buying.

Now that I am looking at version numbers across Affinity apps I am thinking all the work goes into the 2.0 releases of Photo, Designer and Publisher, when we Will see Publisher on iPad too.

Important for Affinity because it are paid upgrades and my money is ready ;-)

2 hours ago, despin said:

Now that I am looking at version numbers across Affinity apps I am thinking all the work goes into the 2.0 releases of Photo, Designer and Publisher, when we Will see Publisher on iPad too.

Note that the current betas are 1.10, so it is quite likely that we will see 1.11, 1.12, etc. before we see 2.0.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Ok, I did not notice that. Thanks for the info, strange… a bit confusing but that can be me.

I was hoping on Some major new features, perhaps in the AI sense in Photo, to counter the advances Adobe and other software are making.

It’s the best and cheapest professional dtp package. For example Publisher on Mac in Europe in The App Store is € 27,99. That’s almost giving it away!

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just a note adding my support for Publisher on iPad. I check in on this every month. Very much looking forward to it!

I purchased an M1 iPad Pro and I’m very pleased with the performance of Affinity Photo and Designer. Publisher is the last piece to free me from the desktop.

(Well, I’ll also need to convert indesign files for posterity, but we’ll get there!)

3 hours ago, Navian said:

Just a note adding my support for Publisher on iPad. I check in on this every month. Very much looking forward to it!

I purchased an M1 iPad Pro and I’m very pleased with the performance of Affinity Photo and Designer. Publisher is the last piece to free me from the desktop.

(Well, I’ll also need to convert indesign files for posterity, but we’ll get there!)

Same here! I’ve bought an M1 12.9 IPad Pro, waiting for affinity publisher for iPad, with a bunch of affinity publisher files on my Mac waiting for a new platform.

If affinity publisher is a product less sellable for iPad, I would also pay a greater price than affinity photo and designer for iPad (since publisher is really an exceptional peace of software in relation to its price according to me)..

finger crossed!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/27/2021 at 6:58 AM, Guoccamolé said:

Now would be a nice time for an update on the status and ETA of Affinity Publisher on iPad.  Serif?

Perhaps an beta version of iPad Publisher late 2022 and public release second half 2023, or, Serif abandon the iPad version just because the Studio Link Technology is hard to replicate on iPadOS?

Happy amateur that playing around with the Affinity Suite - really love typograhics, photographing, colors & forms, AND, Synthesizers!

Macbook Pro 16” M1 2021, iPad Pro 12.9” M1 2021, iPad Pro 10.5” A10X 2017, iMac 27” 5K/i7 late 2015…

• Staff
4 hours ago, AffinityMakesMeSmile said:

Perhaps an beta version of iPad Publisher late 2022 and public release second half 2023, or, Serif abandon the iPad version just because the Studio Link Technology is hard to replicate on iPadOS?

I am sure Ash will update us all soon enough, but I am not this pessimistic. I have seen StudioLink on an iPad Publisher alpha and it working fine so far.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 3 weeks later...

I’m waiting for affinity publisher for iPad Pro 12.9. I’ve waited for years and I truly hope affinity publisher for iPad will be on the market soon.

On the other hand I have to be honest: for me affinity has the best quality-price ratio; furthermore one time purchase is awesome. I really like affinity photo (iPad and Mac), affinity designer (iPad and Mac) and my favorite software is affinity publisher with studio (for Mac). So my opinion towards affinity remains positive: they have done an awesome job, with great software for an affordable price. I’ll keep supporting affinity waiting for publisher for iPad. 

1 hour ago, Stephan Weiss said:

I think Serif is just a hobby of a few friends. We shouldn't take their words so seriously. It was probably a mistake to think we could use their software for any real projects...

I don't think it is as a hobby of Affinity Team.

I am very satisfied with Affinity studio (suite) on my Macs.
If Publisher comes out on iPad, then maybe I can buy an iPad Pro 12.9".

Dear Affinity, what is the progress of development Publisher for iPad OS?

8 hours ago, Stephan Weiss said:

I think Serif is just a hobby of a few friends.

They have more than a million 'friends', probably closer to 2 million. Hardly a hobby.

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

8 hours ago, Stephan Weiss said:

I think Serif is just a hobby of a few friends. We shouldn't take their words so seriously. It was probably a mistake to think we could use their software for any real projects...

It's your first post and this what you come out with.... WoW ! You're missing something or .... you are from the Dark Side !

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

@kafkatamura if you wish to delete a post you can tap the 3 dots menu at top right of post and tap Hide to remove post completely. 🙂

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

• 3 months later...