You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Crash when using Mesh Warp Tool

Hello,

When using the Mesh Warp Tool, the program crashes, suddenly crashes onto the desktop. After reopening the program, you cannot restore the file. I work on jpg in rgb 3345 x 298 px in 72 dpi - The problem is also repeated with other photos. I'm trying to adjust the curved perspective of a photo using the Mesh Warp Tool. Of course, I was restarting the system. The problem is repetitive. I work on Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit, I have 16 GB of RAM, processor: intel core i7 4.00 GHz, graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970.

The problem occurred on version 1.7.3, so I updated to 1.8.2 - unfortunately no changes.

I think it's a program error related to this tool.😟

• Staff

Hey czarny, welcome to the Affinity Forums.

Would you be able to attach a document for me?

We've had a few Mesh Warp and Perspective Tool crashes over the years and as far as I can see, they have been fixed. This could be a new issue.

It sounds like you get it pretty consistently so hopefully I can reproduce it once the file has been attached. If any of the content is private, just replace it with something else if you need to. Thanks! 

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Has anyone found a resolution for this issue yet? I'm running a 6700 XT GPU and 3700X CPU so its definitely not my hardware....

Also happens on my gaming laptop when I use the same tool. I REALLY need this tool for work, last attempt before I switch over to Adobe....

HW Acceleration off? in Preferences.

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.