You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can we get better update servicing?

I feel like every other time I open Affinity Photo or Designer, it's telling me that there's an update available, which is ~1.5GB, which then has to be unzipped to another 1.5GB file, which then extracts itself to a 2.5GB temp folder, which finally copies into the install folder. I have a fast but undersized SSD on this laptop, and I'm fairly sick of having to decide what to shunt over to a backup drive each time; I don't even know why the download is zipped in the first place, since it's a single file that's a signed executable. Would it be possible to use MSPs for point update versions instead of a full install each time?

@Emfiliane

Which OS?

I have never downloaded ANY update to ANY of the Affinity apps and found it to be anything even near to "~1.5GB"!  

Using Windows, I've just checked the latest update to e.g. Designer. 1.8.2, the .exe is 494,758 KB.  Photo and Publisher are both of that sort of size.

So, I really have no idea where your stated file size is coming from.  How did you arrive at your "~1.5 GB" statement?

Jeff😮

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.