You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[AD 1.8.2.620] Can't open Illustrator file

I'm struggling to open this AI file from Adobe Stock. It shows Loading 1 document progress, but it never opens! 
I had to force quit the app. I wish I could attach the file, but it's not allowed.

image.png.12fbad8bd12d81c5daddad450b84a3f7.png

It also eats lot of memory!

image.png.8eea0aa6e341a210501c08dd9e82a1e7.png

Could you please look into this?

Linktree | Freebies

Affinity Photo, Affinity Designer, Affinity Publisher | 1.10.6
Windows 10 Home (64 bit) Version 22H2
Intel i5-6200U CPU @ 2.30 GHz (4 CPUs) | NVIDIA GeForce 940M | Intel HD Graphics 520 | 16GB RAM

14 hours ago, malayali said:

Could you please look into this?

Ask the developers to give you a private upload link. Without the file they cannot examine the issue and I doubt Serif will buy the file for examination.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

3 minutes ago, Joachim_L said:

Ask the developers to give you a private upload link. Without the file they cannot examine the issue and I doubt Serif will buy the file for examination.

Yep, I'm waiting for a response from them. 

Meanwhile Adobe Stock is giving 10 images for free! 😉

Linktree | Freebies

Intel i5-6200U CPU @ 2.30 GHz (4 CPUs) | NVIDIA GeForce 940M | Intel HD Graphics 520 | 16GB RAM

9 minutes ago, Sean P said:

Hi malayali,

Would you be able to upload a copy of the AI file to our Internal Dropbox account using the link below please?

https://www.dropbox.com/request/stYaPjD4vsDuhlFQ3ZtU

Done! @Sean P

Thank you. 

Linktree | Freebies

• Staff

Hi malayali,

Thanks for the AI file. It did actually open for me, but the results wasn't great. The issue is that we cannot read the native AI format, we have to read the embedded PDF stream (if a file has been saved with that). If a file hasn't been saved with that you get a message appear on the document warning that the AI file was saved without PDF content.

This file saved has been created using many, MANY mesh objects. These are not objects we or Acrobat support, so every segment of every mesh is converted to its own curve. As you can imagine this creates many thousands of objects. Acrobat even refused to open the file for me (you can rename AI to .PDF and open in Acrobat to view the PDF stream).

Unfortunately there isn't much that we can do - we're just opening up the PDF data, which is incredibly complex.

6 minutes ago, Sean P said:

Hi malayali,

Thanks for the AI file. It did actually open for me, but the results wasn't great. The issue is that we cannot read the native AI format, we have to read the embedded PDF stream (if a file has been saved with that). If a file hasn't been saved with that you get a message appear on the document warning that the AI file was saved without PDF content.

This file saved has been created using many, MANY mesh objects. These are not objects we or Acrobat support, so every segment of every mesh is converted to its own curve. As you can imagine this creates many thousands of objects. Acrobat even refused to open the file for me (you can rename AI to .PDF and open in Acrobat to view the PDF stream).

Unfortunately there isn't much that we can do - we're just opening up the PDF data, which is incredibly complex.

Ok Sean, thanks for the reply.

Linktree | Freebies