You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Was doing some up magnified editing in 1.8. using the Clone tool.  
After finishing some concentrated magnified work, they scrolling out would look over to where my hand, finger was resting and there was always multiple unwanted lines.  Would then have to roll back history to where they started to appear.  Over and over, bummerrrrrrrr

Finally rolled my sleeve entirely over my hand (not the pencil hand) to stop this behaviour.  
It isn't my hand touch causing the problem but my finger touch.

Is there a solution other then wearing gloves?

5 hours ago, p_mac said:

Is there a solution other then wearing gloves?

Affinity fixing the issue would be nice but I don’t think it has a high priority. A soft cotton glove is probably a good workaround and has benefit of keeping screen clean. 😄

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

48 minutes ago, DM1 said:

Affinity fixing the issue would be nice but I don’t think it has a high priority. A soft cotton glove is probably a good workaround and has benefit of keeping screen clean. 😄

That is a nice thought but have you tried to magnify and vice versa or move the screen around with a glove on?  What a pain that would be.  Take it off - put it back on and then and then ….   Try it.  
If they can’t fix this at least let us know.  If they can it should be a priority.  
if it was a fist and pencil touch, no problem.  The fact that with the fist, the baby finger is between it and the screen.  

• Staff

Hey p_mac,

I appreciate everything that you report to you. Over the years you've found some corkers but there is no need to keep posting new threads about the same bug. It is so much more beneficial to bump your original report so we can update the affects version and times reported.

Other agents may not be aware of the original bug, create a duplicate and that ends up having less of an impact than the support staff bumping the original, unresolved bug. 

Thank you.

2 hours ago, Chris B said:

Hey p_mac,

I appreciate everything that you report to you. Over the years you've found some corkers but there is no need to keep posting new threads about the same bug. It is so much more beneficial to bump your original report so we can update the affects version and times reported.

Other agents may not be aware of the original bug, create a duplicate and that ends up having less of an impact than the support staff bumping the original, unresolved bug. 

Thank you.

Thanks for the message Chris B.  It makes sense but I wasn’t aware of the protocol.  It’s not that I am trying to be annoying when I start a new report.  I don’t think that I could even find the first report I made on this site.  
So here are my very dumb questions:

How to I keep track of very old posts and

when you say ‘Bump’ how does that process work?

13 hours ago, p_mac said:

How to I keep track of very old posts

You can track them via account management, three bars at top right.

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

Have downloaded the new beta update.  Don’t know whether it is because I am deliberately holding my Pencil and hand (trying to keep my baby finger from touching the screen, awkward) differently or whether there has been a fix implemented but the problem seems to have lessened.  

****** Ignore this post.  As of now, there is no new beta.  😳

Edited by p_mac
Clarification

• Staff
On 3/20/2020 at 3:50 PM, p_mac said:

Thanks for the message Chris B.  It makes sense but I wasn’t aware of the protocol.  It’s not that I am trying to be annoying when I start a new report.  I don’t think that I could even find the first report I made on this site.  
So here are my very dumb questions:

How to I keep track of very old posts and

when you say ‘Bump’ how does that process work?

I know you aren't trying to be annoying :) It just makes it easier for support staff to update an unfixed bug if it is in the same thread.

Bumping a thread literally just gives whoever responded to the original bug a notification. We then use the tag number in the thread (for example AFP-2020) to track down the original bug report. We then update the affected version and update how many times it has been reported if we see another 'me too' in the same thread.

I realise this isn't explained anywhere. Thanks for all your efforts, truly.